Review of Nisei Inn

and 1 more site!
Nisei Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Gardena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2017

OMG!!! Never go here to sleep. Roaches in the rooms and the beds and furniture is so old I was literally scared to sleep or even sit on the furniture. The staff is rude as hell and especially the lady staff member. The TV they have in the rooms are literally 15 years old I am pretty sure. Go here at your own risk!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

First she assumed that she has seen me before walking down the street with shorts on as if i were a prostitute. Not only did she say this to me but she said it in front of my grandfather!! Who was purchasing the room for me so i could be here for the holidays. Once checked in my grandfather helps me take my bags upstairs and use the rest room before he leaves. After my grandfather leaves my boyfriend who is my second guest arrives and she tells me that he can not stay because i cant have visitors. After a long confrontation she says ok and lets him stay but prior tells me im trouble and that another unknown customer told her she should not rent to me because i was here a week before. Mind you i live in northern California and have never stayed here before. She was insanely rude. Ice machine was broken rooms are okay but service is HORRIBLE. She assumed i was trying to work out of her hotel and expressed her opinion which was unprofesional. Told me she would call the police so i could explain to them why i had my boyfriend come stay after my grandfather paid for my room.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Don't go here...ever... pay a few extra dollars and get a decent place...This place is just horrible..trust me. If you go to yelp and look this hotel up you will see the problems !!! I can't begin to tell you how disgusting, dirty, nasty, gross this Inn is... It has to b the worse place I have ever stayed in

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 25 February 2015

Checked into room to study for big upcoming state exam, do homework and heal from an arthritic type episode. The first room I stayed in was a single non-smoking room with no frills. It was descent and fairly clean however the first problem occurred when they told me I could not use then bathtub because there was not stopper. What?! If I pay for a room, I expect to be able to use ALL of the advertised ammenities. I bought my own stopper at Target because the one they screwed off and brought from anther room did not fit. The next problem came when this one particular front desk employee (petite Asian woman with glasses, black hair and pony tail) knocks on my door (once while I'm in the tub and once before I was ready to come downstairs and talk about it...was indisposed) and tells me that the bathtub is leaking downstairs and rudely tells me that I must move in the middle of several projects I've got going on without an apology and in a tone that is indicative of one you use with a child when they've done wrong. I told them, for the second time, that I must use the tub for health reasons, she continues to rudely complain and I told her that I would agree to her demands and use the shower only, however I was not going to move. She goes away and I don't hear from her for the rest of the day.In between these occurences, I had to tell one of the front desk employees that I didn't appreciate her rude tone and way of speaking to me and a guest that came to work on a project with me. This lady was also rude and condescending when I added her name as a guest in my room (as I could add 1 more person to the room) and would only give me a room key for her AFTER I had to ask her for it several times. Everytime I went to the lobby and this one particular woman was working there, she was embroliled in some type of argument with someone because of poor treatment and customer service. I digress....back to the room situation........so the next night after the bathtub leaking incident, I go to pay for another night as I wasn't finished what I went there to do and the gentleman says he cannot take my money and I have to wait for the lady (who kept harassing me about THEIR LEAKING TUB) to come. I asked him what did I do and who is the manager and he said he DID NOT KNOW WHO THE MANAGER WAS. So when she comes, SHE LIES and tells me that the hotel was full and she had no vacant rooms, not knowing that the other guy just told me he couldn't take my money. So she continues to tell me all kind of lies as to why she couldn't let me stay one more night until she finally offers me a double smoking room and was surprised and annoyed that I agreed to take it. SHE OFFERED NO APOLOGY OR ROOM PRICE REDUCTION for the inconvenience and time wasted for moving myself from a room I was comfortable in. I told her I had a condition that would make it difficult for me to do all that moving around and she could care less about it judging from her body language and unintelligible comments she was making under her breath. She was even annoyed that I asked about the condition of the room I was moving to ....at a higher price due to no fault of my own!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! She moved me to a RAT TRAP ROOM! I want even disrespect the English language by trying to describe how horrible the room was...just LOOK AT THE PICTURES BELOW!!! Come to find out, there were other vacancies that were NOT AS BAD but she moved to that god forsaken room for revenge and to be MEAN AND EVIL! She was still upset that I admonished her about her tone and rude behavior in the early days of my stay!!! Not the first time I've heard her in the lobby arguing and refusing occupancy to people who reserved online!! No matter how cheap the price, this kind of treatment and disrespect is uncalled for! I could overlook the grafitti in the elevator and the shabby decor but disrespect, lies and poor customer service is not acceptable. I've been a travel agent and worked with hotels on customers' behalf and this is by far the worst hotel, when it comes to customer service, that I have seen. DO NOT STAY HERE! They have other hotels in the area within the same price range.

Room Tip: Check the room ahead of time if you value your life. On second thought, DON'T DO IT!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Reading the reviews I was expecting this hotel to be the worst ever...but it wasn't bad at all. The location wasn't too far from the beach (Manhattan) and about 30 minutes from Hollywood. We got a free upgrade to the deluxe suite because the regular room we booked wasn't available. It was nice, pretty big, we had a comfy bed, a couch, tv, microwave and a small fridge. The bathroom was ok, only problem being some ants... The place was pretty quiet though, and they also have a large parking lot available for guests.
The lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful.
The price is super cheap!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple