Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$125
FindHotelUS$125
TravelocityUS$125
Orbitz.comUS$125
CheapTicketsUS$125
EtripUS$125
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2019 via mobile

We were there to run The Rubicon Trail. This was a wonderful treat. We reserved 2 rooms, 1 with a queen bed and private bath the other room had 2 beds for our adult boys who had a shared bath next door to their room which no one else was using. We have friends who had 2 other rooms rented. I couldn't heard anyone else from their rooms. We never locked or shut our rooms. Our friends were there for 3 days and never locked there's either. Beds were comfortable. Everything was clean and decorated beautifully. Bathrooms have clawfoot tubs with showers in them. We did not have breakfast. We had 2 rigs with car trailers which they let us leave on their property while we ran The Rubicon. They were so nice and accommodating. It is a family run business. I plan to go back with a girlfriend who I do 1 or 2 trips a year with. There is a hot tub so bring your swim suit. Restaurants are very very close and delicious. This is a must stay.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

Amazing place with so much history and original furnishings. The housekeeper was amazing too and looked after the property as though it was her own home. Everything was polished and sparkling.

There was free wine and cheese in the lounge and a great home cooked breakfast. Don’t know how they can afford to do it at the price.

This is a must visit if you are in the area!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

This was a great venue for our celebration of our parents 60th anniversary. They told us to think of it as our home for the weekend and then they made sure it felt like our home. They accommodated varied arrivals and departures, food preferences, and late breakfast arrivals. They hooked us up with a caterer for a family celebratory dinner. I LOVED this Inn.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018

My stay was during the week and off season so I was the only guest. The staff was very nice and helpful. The decor is quite beautiful in the turn of the century style. My room was right off the parlor, nicely appointed, and very quiet.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank M3928CImichaelc
Reviewed 26 August 2018

‘Enchanted glade’ are the first words that come to mind about this tranquil setting and inn, which struck me as a lively, playful and — in parts of the interior décor, visually outlandish — piece of Gold Rush history that was built in 1853. Tree-lovers will go into raptures about the giant old magnolia specimen in the back garden, next to locust trees. White-barked aspen branches make another feast for the eyes. There is an enormous, gorgeous, back patio and lush green lawn on which I would love to have had time for leisurely conversations with a companion (not remotely the case, unfortunately) — that I would recommend for a wedding reception.

Though I slept well, I was still too tired from too many varieties of trying events in my life elsewhere to wake up early enough to sample the breakfast, but would guess that it’s excellent from the preparations I witnessed the night before. Elaine — the warm, frank, funny, kind-hearted and energetic deputy manager, who looks like a Bo Derek-ish surfer — was slicing ham, in part of that prep work.

My conversations with Jeanine, the intelligent, elegant mother of the owner— who wasn’t present on my single night there — were also a very special pleasure. She effectively runs the place, and reminded me of pictures of Joan Didion about 20 years ago — the only writer featured in Vogue, as far as I know, for sartorial reasons.

This inn is being discreetly modernised, and I look forward to returning when I can afford to take some time off — or when it has more sockets for electronic devices. The wifi connection was good and fast, but for some reason cell phone calls to places far away were dropped (which could have been the fault of my mobile).

I would not recommend eating at the Mexican restaurant and bar next door — unconnected to the Inn — where I was served possibly the worst chile verde I have ever eaten (dried out, flat, and tasteless, with not a single fresh ingredient), and the salsa also seemed to have been thawed in the microwave after a year or two in a freezer. I’d guess that the bar interests the owner/s far more than food. My Dos Equis was served in a perfectly chilled mug with freshly fried tortilla chips. I left half the food on my plate without guilty thoughts about starving children on any continent, or the planet Mars.

Date of stay: August 2018