“Clean, inexpensive, albeit dated,”
Review of Gilroy Inn

Gilroy Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I was shocked at the cost of hotels in the general Gilroy area, so was delighted to find a decent room for $105, plus tax. The room was clean, with a minimum of frills, but considering the cost of other motels in the vicinity, I was delighted. Yes, the repairs that had been done were not professional in quality, but it was done, and everything had been painted over. I would certainly stay here again. There was a small language barrier, however, they proprietors were very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway would be quietest.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Even late at night, a sweet older couple was there to check us in. They gave us our key and the wifi password, and the vibe just felt home-y. I was exhausted from our long trip. I watched some Olympic coverage and to my surprised knocked out instantly. The bed! Soft soft soft. This never happens to me. Especially not at the great rate. The pillows were amazing. The next morning I woke up late. The curtains made it impossible to tell it was already sunny out. It was pitch black and the AC temp was set to a chill 75. Even though we were running late to our function, we didn't feel rushed at all. I was the last to shower and as not too excited. I was expecting a cold quick shower. Boy was I wrong. There was hot water!!! The water pressure was great too. Overall, a great night away from my own home. Will be returning for next years event up north.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

The more correct rating would be 3.5 stars, but since it's pretty clean, I'd give it a 4. It's right in the middle of the outlet plaza, and the location for this motel is perfect for traveling either into SF or back to LA. Gilroy is a pretty neat little place, with a lot of local garlic themes, but be carful when you are traveling this area where there's any festivals or fairs, because the price of the hotels will be doubled (someone who didn't make a reservation when I checked in, and they paid twice of what I paid for the room, ouch). Overall, it's pretty quiet, and it's clean, next time if I have some spare time to stay and play, I will most likely stay in this motel again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I was really happy with this place. Room totally clean and remodeled. I could hear traffic outside but easily blocked it out with the fan in the room and earplugs. A lot of guys stay here together for construction, when I arrived I could hear them talking and watching a game or something so I worried it would be loud but they quieted down fast. No problems. Quick check-in and no frills but coffee maker hair dryer fridge and microwave in room. Great price. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2016

The room is clean and cosy.... It is commendable and lovely ... Location is nice . Staffs are approachable and accommodating . Will certainly recommend it to my family, friends & relatives...price is affordable and worth your money.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family