“Best empanadas in southern California!”
Review of Rika's Empanadas

Rika's Empanadas
Ranked #65 of 122 Restaurants in Glendora
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I love eating here! With family, friends, or even alone. I typically buy 3-5 empanadas at a time because they're so good. For a meal for four, I suggest a salad, pizza, and an empanada or two for each person. You get your money's worth here and the family that runs it are super friendly.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

they have 2 specials every day that they are open: 2 empenadas
with a slice of pizza (huge) and a drink or 3 empanadas & a drink
nothing fancy friendly lots of argentinians eat there and watch
soccer on the tv something alittle out of the ordinary

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Tried this restaurant after a recommendation came from another local. I had driven by this place a few times and didn't think it was very big. When we entered the restaurant we were surprised. There are several tables with seating for small or larger groups. We sat down and looked over the menus and started speaking to the nice waitress. She made recommendations to popular empanadas and we selected a few of her recommendations. We tried chicken, beef and one with spinach. They recommend that one person can eat 2 or 3 empanadas. We were not disappointed with our selections. They also served pizza and it was actually pretty good. They also have a section of baked breads that looked really good and the next time I visit, I will try some. I did try one of their desserts and it was heavenly. It was a slice of cake with peaches and some very delicious frosting. I can't recall the name of the cake but I got the last slice so it must be a popular item. We ate for a family of three with around 20 bucks and that included desserts and drinks.

We will definitely be back. From speaking to different people who have been there, they have said that people drive from all over Los Angeles for these empanadas. Who knew Glendora had a little gem from Argentina!

1  Thank onedeesse
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After many friends raved about this place I decided to check it out. I only had time to do a carry out order.
The place is small but inviting. It was nicely decorated with all the flags of the participating World Cup countries.
Lots of empanadas options, from the filling to the way they were cooked ( oven baked or fried)
I got a sample of 12 different empanadas. I enjoyed the onion and cheese since it was like eating a fugazetta pizza. The eggplant was very tasting, almost resembling a small tart. The rest of my family liked the chicken and mushroom, ham and cheese, corn, and the beef. We order all oven baked.
I also bought a dulce de leche filled pastry puff (looks like a horn of plenty but filled with caramel) DELICIOUS!
They have a nice pizza selection which I will have to try next time. They offer two different combos, for those looking for something different during your lunch hour, and they are very afforable.
The only down side for me is that they do not sell alcohol. My friends and I love to have some cold beers with our pizza but for the time being it will have to wait.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We have searched for some Awesome empanadas and some great dulce de leche crepes and have finally found them in this little treasure of a place in Glendora. You must try the arabic fatays tooooo so yummy!!! Its Hidden behind foothill pres. Just come and try it you and your family will be hooked;)

1  Thank yambro