See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Very small, room very dirty, bathroom dirty. Had to ask to get enough towels for 2 people. TV had very poor reception. Looked like there were construction workers there every night and they took all the parking places.

Room tip: Would not go to this hotel again, stayed one night and left early
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Comparing apples with apples here - this is a budget hotel so expect the room to be small with very basic furniture. The room is however clean with clean bed sheets and an adequate shower/tub. If the goal is to spend majority of your day in Santa Barbara and just come back to shower and sleep then this hotel is more than adequate.

There is no free internet and as of this writing, it cost $2.99 for basic internet or $4.99 premium internet per day per device. I am fine with this since this is a budget hotel except I got the premium internet but it was often sluggish when even trying to load a web page.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel around Santa Barbara. This was it. Clean, near the freeway, and in beautiful SB. The staff was friendly and the room felt good. Stay here when in coastal Santa Barbara. Went to some birding locations in the area.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I see many very good reviews of this motel. My experience was that both the room and bathroom were not particularly clean. It looks like some rooms were being remodeled so maybe this motel is being upgraded. For now, I could only recommend this room if you are passing through and need a place to sleep for the night. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were mostly quiet.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2017

I live in Ojai, California. We have all been devastated by the Thomas fire. On the very second day of the fire I had to evacuate my home with a few clothes and 1 cat. I really thought I would lose my home and everything I had. I evacuated and stopped at multiple hotels and refused a room because I had a cat. This was the 7th place I stopped.

The staff was super compassionate, helpful and caring. They were swamped with people evacuating. Every staff member did everything they could to get people into rooms as quickly as possible including helping people carry there belongings into their rooms. Assisting with everything. Most of us were in shock, scared and stressed. They were helpful in every way possible.

The Thomas fire is currently the 3rd largest wildfire in California history.

In the time of crisis, a small community should be able to come together and help each other out. Rules need to be suspended and a helping hand offered.

Thank you to the staff of this place. You rocked it in a time of crisis!

Date of stay: December 2017