Nice and very clean. An average room with great sheets & a small old-fashioned TV. Without a special deal, we would never have stayed there. The Bacara Resort is beautiful, too bad it's in such a weird, poor location. It's in the very foggy and depressing city of Goleta--not in Santa Barbara at all (don't let their mailing address fool you!). A near-poverty-level neighborhood is complete with a run-down trailer park. It's literally right off the HWY101 freeway and next to the train tracks, it's a college town. Baraca's location is 20-25 mins. north of Santa Barbara's downtown State Street/waterfront area, which is quite posh, desirable & far more sunny.
To top it all off (literally!) Bacara is way up on a cliff above a totally unsafe (not to mention human & pet unfriendly) beach. Their "beach" is BIG, huge, tar-covered rocks! Not pebbles, serious rocks! Not a grain of sand in sight. You cannot swim, sit on, do water sports, or even walk/run on the beach next to the resort.
Some days at Bacara, the fog goes away for a couple hours in the afternoon & it almost gets warm. So, you'd think their pools were the way to go then, right? They have 3 pools, right? One is a lap pool designated for the Spa's use. Oh, by the way, the Bacara Spa is "off-the-charts" WAY silly over-priced! The second pool is all for the expensive rentable Cabana use ONLY, without a single "free" lounge chair on that entire huge pool deck. The third pool is for all the rest of the guests--and overflowing with lots of rude, under-supervised little kids all the time..
Superior service from Housekeeping, Bellmen, Phone Operator, Valets, etc. Be aware that all hotel guests have to pay a mandatory additional daily charge of $24 for their vehicle parking.
Room Service was very prompt and ordering staff & waiters were gracious...for the price it had better be. Bacara's room service is very expensive for the quallity/quantity of the food presented--plus they add 20% for an automatic gratuity AND an another $5 delivery charge.to every Room Service order. After the inflated prices, with an additional $5 delivery + 20% automatically added gratuity, it's funny how the delivery staff expects you to add an additional tip on the bill presented..
The grounds are beautiful & the resort is large. It's a pretty place, if you don't look too far away from the resort. There are a few tennis courts & a public golf course next door. Only a few rooms have actual ocean views. Lots of $$$$ for what we are wondering now?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the bluffs and beaches of the Santa Barbara coast lies The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, a resort of stunning natural beauty and relaxed luxury. With 78 acres of oceanfront property, including two miles of natural beach, we offer an expansive sun-drenched setting with endless vistas of sea and sky. Our resort in Santa Barbara, California features innovative and artful design that is in keeping with the intimacy and aesthetics of a Mediterranean village. Unwind at an award-winning 42,000-square-foot spa and fitness center or relax beside one of three zero-edge swimming pools and 26 private cabanas. The resort's 358 newly-renovated guestrooms and signature suites artfully infuse luxurious interiors with modern technologies for a true sense of comfort. Additional resort amenities include a new oceanfront restaurant, Angel Oak, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, a Foley wine tasting room, and the adjacent Sandpiper Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara