All reviews iron door saloon rooms are small claw foot bathtub charming hotel small town yogurt oldest saloon gold country yosemite national park visiting yosemite san francisco after a long day road trip drive california fork suitcases
Reviewed 1 July 2018

We paid $475 to stay here for 2 nights. Totally overpriced. Noisy, shoes stick to the floor. You get one dollar size soap each. No breakfast which is stated on Trip Advisors web site. The person who checked us in said it was her favorite room. Yosemite made up for it. This was my husbands first trip.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Melony V, General Manager at Hotel Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hello Mary H,
We are sorry your stay was less than you expected. We have not offered breakfast for quite sometime and we are not able to control the content of reviews. It is easy to be misled by what others have said. We do offer a discount to our guests at Provisions our restaurant and bar. Our room prices are very competitive for our local, just 24 miles from Yosemite. We do provide regular bathing amenities such as soap shampoo and rinse. If these were not provided, our front desk would have been glad to assist you. We have spoken to house keeping and have asked them to take special care with the hard surface floors and check for "stickiness". Thank you for calling this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights as I was visiting Yosemite. The location is close to Yosemite. The hotel has free parking which is useful. I booked this hotel last December and booked breakfast with my stay but when I arrived I was informed the hotel no longer served breakfast and I was given a voucher for the sister hotel instead but the voucher did not cover breakfast, in this case I believe the hotel should have contacted me before my stay to tell me they no longer served breakfast and no longer had a restaurant as had I known this I would have chosen to stay elsewhere. The sister hotel does serve dinner but it is limited to 5 dishes. I was told these dishes changed everyday this was not the case it was the same 5 dishes every night. Overall for the price I paid for this hotel I could have stayed in the National Park for a similar cost so in future if returning I would stay in Yosemite.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We are sorry your stay was not as you expected. We have not offered breakfast in 2018. We are sorry your reservation was caught in the changeover. We hoped the $10.00 per person vouchers would have served to cover breakfast. Our breakfast items are priced from $2.00 to $8.00. Our Provisions restaurant and bar has 5 hot items on the menu and many cold items including artisan made salads, specialty sandwiches and baked goods. We have a "sample" menu we show guests. Our items are subject to change based on fresh local finds. We do not say the menu changes every day, we say the menu might change at any time. We are sorry for the confusion. We will work to be more clear to our guests. Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We booked this last minute so were happy to get a room as we drove from San Mateo to Yosemite. We got the Miner's Cabin which was appropriate for the rate. It is small but the bed was comfy. No frills but again, was what we expected for the rate.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We didn’t stay At This hotel but we had an accident through the road, we had no mobile network and went there to ask for help. We were very welcomed and the reception lady Was amazing.
Facilities were well decorated and very cleaned. The hotel have a great location near Yosemite Park.
We want to thank very very much for the help. If we come after, we would stay in this hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I had car trouble and needed an overnight in Groveland. I went to this hotel and they said they had a cabin. I took it for $142.00...which I thought was too much. The cabin was basically a storage shed. It was hardly bigger then the queen bed. The lighting was dismal. There were no amenities. No coffee, no closet, no chair, no desk. The upright air conditioner was so loud you couldn't hear! Plus it was placed right in front of the sink!!!!! Crazy. Then the guest book said that there was breakfast...and there wasn't...plus there was nobody at the desk in the morning to even ask about it.
A real substandard place for big city prices....a real bad combination

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Jennykedwards, Owner at Hotel Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Susan K - I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one of your stay. During the summer season we are typically completely full, but when you arrived asking for a room last minute we did luckily have one room left - our small cabin. We call this room our Miner's Cabin and it is not listed on our website due to it's small size. We want to be able to set accurate expectations of the size of the room (which is 10'x10') to guests verbally so they are not mislead on the room or their experience. You did move forward with choosing this room, I would assume because there were no other lodging option in the area (and if there were, they would have been a much higher price than $125 plus tax). We price our rooms according to a mixture of amenities and making them comparable to the area. There are not many lodging options near Yosemite and therefore prices do tend to be higher than other locations. Most of our rooms in the summer run at least $200, so the cabin we have priced significantly lower due to it's small size. We do have coffee available in the lobby of the hotel 24/7. We do not have someone at the front desk in the morning, but we tell all guests and have a large sign at the front desk that there is someone available at our sister hotel which is just down the street. Calling the front desk will directly connect you to them and they are more than happy to assist. Safe travels