Lowest prices for your stay
US$134
Free cancellation until 21/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$134
Free cancellation until 21/08/22
Destinia.com
US$119
Hotels.comUS$134
PricelineUS$134
HIExpress.comUS$134
All reviews pismo beach front desk cinnamon rolls complimentary breakfast shower head freeway chablis internet drawers slo
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

We always choose HI Express as our dependable stay when on a road trip or flying into a town. This was definitely a disappointment. The room was really rundown. It was clean enough but everything about the room was old. I realize that a remodel is happening now. I should have been more thorough when I booked. I was just going by past experiences with HI Express. The plus side was the greeting and friendliness of the young man at the registration!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2020

Hello ktommitchell,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am sorry to learn that the condition of the room allocated for you fell below expectations. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I trust that the actions that will be taken will improve your next visits with us.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
IHGService

Reviewed 21 October 2020

we stayed here for last minute family trip. hotel is under renovation and I understand it is going to be real nice updates in 2021. however, the older buildings are old and fair as far as cleanliness. besides old furniture, carpet, there were cigarette buds left on balcony. however, what made up for it was super friendly staff from front reception to maid.they were all very accommodating. GM should be happy he is working with well seasoned staff. we enjoyed complementary pickup and go breakfast and microwave in our room. attractions were close by and easy to get to. would stay here again after updating.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank charles n
Reviewed 31 July 2020

This was a last minute 2 night stay. The hotel doesn't feel like a holiday inn express, it is in need of an update. However, staff was very friendly and we didn't have any problems. We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. We did walk to the brewery that is pretty much in the parking lot. Location is right off the highway, but only a short drive to the beach.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 16 July 2020 via mobile

We just stayed one night, the facility is pretty nice, but the bed was badly sunken in the middle. The sink had a moderate drip, & was also plumbed opposite of standard... hot & cold were reversed. Staff were friendly & helpful.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank joanstrassner
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2020

Hello joanstrassner,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay. We aim to deliver a great experience, and I am sorry to learn we failed in making your stay a complete success due to the issues encountered with the sunken bed and sink.

On the upside, I am pleased to see you regarded our facility beautiful and found our staff friendly and helpful.

I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps to fix this right away.

I hope you give us another try the next time you visit Pismo Beach!

Best regards,

Dianne L.
IHGService

Reviewed 15 May 2020

We had to make an emergency trip to California. Upon check in I was greeted by a clerk who was NOT wearing a mask. I really did not appreciate that. We did not get housekeeping service at all after the first night. The next afternoon I finally called the front desk if housekeeping would be coming because our trash cans were full and we wanted some coffee. We were told that they would be on our floor in the next 5 minutes. THREE hours later, my husband finally went to the front desk and asked if we could at least have coffee and cups. Shortly she knocked on the door and when I opened it she was NOT wearing a mask!
I am somewhat at risk but I had to make this trip (by car) She was breathing in there. I honestly felt that I needed to disinfect after she left. There should be protocols in place in order to protect the guests and employees. Holiday Inn gets an F in my interaction with their employees.

The room was comfortable and quiet but the Internet service sucks. I did not feel safe there during the height of a pandemic.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2020

Hi Melanue W,

Thank you for your visit. We appreciate your patronage and you taking the time to write to us about your experience. Here your safety is very important to us. I am sorry that our safety measures were not implemented properly by the staff. Also for the missing coffee, internet, and housekeeping. I understand your disappointment because of the lack of quality that makes our hotel unique in its class. I forward your comment to our managing staff and took immediate action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you allow us to serve you on your next travel adventure.

Oscar C.