“Gone,,, Moved to new location.”
Review of LAX Diner

LAX Diner
Ranked #85 of 125 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Italian, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 29 July 2017

This place is no longer here. They move about a 10 minute drive away, so if you don't have a car you are out of luck.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We ordered food from here based on the recommendation by the front desk clerk at our hotel. Due to our flight time we arrived late to the hotel and most places were closed for food, but not this one he said, and informed us they would deliver as well. More than an hour after ordering when everyone was on the verge of sleep we finally received our food. The guy was nice enough but the food was subpar, and the price was outrageous. Pretty sure next time I'll walk through LA at 12am to McDonalds rather than order from here again.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Easter Sunday the night before trip to Cancun. Decided to stay at LAX hotel. Arrived kinda late and just wanted to get some food in the family as they were tired and a bit cranky. Hotel front desk advised of a few restaurants nearby, but family didn't want to drive any more (been on the road for 5 hours already and I hate LA traffic).

We decided on LAX Diner as they were open 24 hours every day and had delivery ($15 minimum order). As their pocket sized menu says, there really was something for everybody. We decided on 2 orders of the Chicken Satay ($6.95), the Mexican Salad ($6.95) with added Chicken ($3.50), and Chips, Salsa and Guacamole ($5.95).

After giving our credit card, we were told 40 to 50 minutes. About 50 minutes later, there was a knock on our door (why they didn't stop at the front desk and call up is still a mystery). Friendly guy asked for my credit card and he made an impression of it using one of those old manual credit card machines, then asked me to sign a different (computer generated) receipt. I double checked with the bank to make sure there were no double charges as this seemed a little odd.

Food was packaged in Styrofoam food service containers. Chicken satay was cold, thin strips of overcooked chicken. Sauce was duck sauce (the sweet one) and no peanut sauce (which was what we expected). Lots of fresh tortilla chips, a small container of salsa (a bit runny, but nice flavor and just the right amount of spicy) and another small container of guacamole. The Mexican salad was a generous portion of fresh mixed greens, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrots, cucumber, jicama, radish and avocado.

Would I order from them again? Not sure. It took much longer that we wanted for the order to arrive and the food quality was just average. I will tell you they do a great job with the salads and I would get one again.

1  Thank Barisarius
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Ordered from the menu...The delivery was on time but NOT what I ordered!
I phoned them to alert them...they said "That's what you ordered and we
have you on tape"...WTHeck?
I asked for a comp to my card...they hung up. No service standards!

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Placed an order and was told 40-50 minute delivery. My card was charged immediately. 90 minutes later, I'm calling to ask where it is...family fell asleep already ....no answer...trying to call for 10 more min, even hotel staff tried calling ....no one is bothering to answer.