“Outstanding dim sum restaurant”
Review of Tins Teapot Bistro

Tins Teapot Bistro
Ranked #19 of 333 Restaurants in Hayward
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We've been to this place three or four times and have been pleased and impressed every time. We always order the deep-fried chicken wings, called salt and pepper chicken wing on the menu, steamed shrimp dumplings, steamed pork and shrimp dumplings, stuffed mushrooms with minced shrimp, pan fried beef and pickled chow fun, which never disappoint, and then we've tried other dishes which have also been delicious: deep fried taro turnover, deep-fried tofu skin with minced shrimp, crispy skin roast pork. We tend to go early as it gets rather crowded, and with good reason. The food is delicious.

1  Thank amomangiare2016

Reviewed 21 February 2017

My husband and I brought our 3 year old to Dim Sum at Tins recently and it was probably my favorite dim sum experience. First- I like that it's all ordered on a card instead of flagging down people with carts. I am not a fan of the carts. Second- it's super family friendly so easy to bring my fidgety toddler. Third- the food was incredible. This was high quality food with great prices. I loved the garlic noodles and dumplings. We will be back

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We used to go there on a regular basis. The food taste and quality has gone down in the past year. Each dish used to have their own unique taste but now they are starting to taste the same. We won't be back after our last visit

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We came here for a late lunch, dim sum for a group of 7 people. The service was great. We had one vegetarian in our group, and the server helped to point out which menu items are vegetarian and also patiently answered all of our questions. The dim sum here does not come out on carts, but instead you order on a menu. The food was good but not stellar. Overall the experience was great - very pleasant dining!

Reviewed 11 March 2016

I had an awkward experience making a reservation for 8. I called the night before the time I reserved for (aka called Friday night for a reservation on Saturday noon), and when we went to the actual restaurant, they told us that they don't take reservations for groups that are less than 10. I told her that I called the night before to make a reservation, and she asked me who it was. Well, sorry, I don't exactly ask for who I speak to when I make a reservation because I just assume the restaurant knows what they're doing! So strange. Anyhow, we had to wait about 20-30 minutes for a table that I thought we made a reservation for.

The food was mediocre; we ordered all the ordinary dim sum dishes, including pork ribs, shrimp rice rolls, har gaw (steamed shrimp dumplings), radish cake, BBQ pork buns, fried salty dumplings, fried taro dumplings, spring rolls, etc. They were all just average, nothing stood out, quality-wise or tastiness-wise. It was all very cheap though! We ended up paying $10 each including tax and tip.

Service was good! They refilled our tea REALLY fast, although it took me a while to flag a waiter down for the check. I won't be coming back, because there are better-quality dim sum places to go to!