“Not a good place to go anymore!!”

Chef's Experience China Bistro
Get food delivered
Ranked #6 of 384 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What has happened to this China Bistro? Used to be my favorite place to dine. This week we ordered $75 worth of Chinese food to go and it was AWFUL!! We ordered 2 orders of brown rice. They don't serve brown rice for dinner...We ordered cashew chicken, it had NO cashews...none!! Mostly it contained lots of celery and zucchini, a couple of slices of mushroom , one small slice of carrot. On the slip they sent home with the order indicated they included white rice, but there was no rice at all. The Kung pow beef was loaded with way too many onions. I called them, spoke to the manager, and all he said was "the rice is free anyway, so no big deal that it wasn't included. And as for the cashews missing from the cashew chicken, maybe the next time I came in he would throw a few extra cashews on my order. " They used to be so good, I loved the place. Will never, never return.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (75)

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

This place had great drinks great food and good service. All employees were attentive to our needs. We ordered various types of dishes. Appetizers Seafood beef dishes chicken and vegetables. Each dish had there own flavors and did not taste the same as some places do. Definitely a place to try and enjoy.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 13 November 2019

My wife and I had lunch and found the surroundings, food and service to be quite good. The food could be a bit more spicy for our taste but was freshly made and served very hot. The portion sizes were more than adequate for lunch. The restaurant itself was well appointed and well maintained. The tables were nicely spaced and the restaurant had a calm, somewhat quiet atmosphere. We had eaten here some time ago and based on our recent lunch, we will certainly be returning !!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 4 November 2019

Ordered several take out items by the time I got home all the juice/sauce was absorbed by the brown paper bag! Plenty of food stuffed in the cartons but all the juice was gone! They need different packaging for take out orders!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank gmore_2017
Reviewed 10 August 2019

It took me a while to finally visit this place, and I'm glad I did. A girlfriend and I decided to have lunch with our young ones here, and we had a great time. The staff was exceptional and really patient with our young ones. The food took a bit of time, but it was all quite good and not too oily or salty. We got a variety of different things and ate almost all of it. The children loved everything too. They have a variety of dimsum options as well, which is always great. They have a full bar with several televisions as well. Great spot. Very clean, great staff, and great food!

Date of visit: July 2019