“Good Wurst”
Review of Brat & Brau - CLOSED

Brat & Brau
Reviewed 26 May 2016

My girlfriend and I wanted to try the place because we love a good beer and a good wurst. We were not disappointed. We were there for happy hour and had a couple of beers and 3 wurst. Everything was great! The service was fast and the waiters were very friendly. We plan to go back

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Very casual spot but the food was very good and the staff was very friendly and attentive. It got a little noise but we were there on a Friday night. Good food, good service, good beer...we will be back!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This place is certainly nothing fancy, but the food and the beer are all very good. It's not the German type of Wurst, but a more Americanized version (especially when you add the add-ons like caramelized onions, sweet peppers, etc etc on top.). The Spicy beef and gouda, the Kaesekrainer etc are all worth it. There beers are all German brews on tab or bottle, and you can get various sizes from pints to liters (think Oktoberfest) to 2 liter boots. The place overall is small and can get very noisy depending on the visitors and how long they have tried to various brews :-). Enjoyable, but nothing for romantic outing...it's a beer and brat place.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

5 Stars as the best place to put a sausage down your throat in all the South Bay.

If elongated meat is the thing you are craving-- go here.

Legitimately the best "hot dogs" (yeah they don't call them that but eh-- pretty much the gourmet "OG" version) around. I tried the Pheasant and Cognac, the Traditional Bratwurst, and the Spicy Beef and Gouda. The Spicy Beef and Gouda-- let me just say if you took my favorite gas station junk food, the spicy cheese dogs, and had a high end chef b@#$% slap them with some class- that's what this is... and its good. Guilty pleasure made top shelf to a T. Spicy? I wouldn't call it spicy, or even mild, but I am a spice fiend. The others were also good, the Pheasant could of easily been eaten on its own, no toppings or bun-- enough flavor in just the meat. The German Fries-- they are fries... nothing that knocks you on your socks, but the curry catsup was really pretty tasty. I also got a flight. And Another Flight. Good beer selection-- you'll want a DD.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Located right in the heart of Hermosa Beach on Hermosa Ave. just simple walk-in, casual dress, families welcome. Like the name they serve brats &a beer and they are GOOD. Prices are reasonable. I liked it 'cause there was no fooling around, simple, casual. You can just eat and relax, everybody very friendly. parking at times can be difficult.