“Great Thai Food in Hard to Find Location”

Thai Spoon Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Highland
Reviewed 8 November 2016

This is my son's and daughter-in-law's favorite Thai restaurant in area. I have my own personal favorites but decided to try it with them. It turned out to really, really good. The prices were reasonable and service was quick and friendly even though we went to weekday lunch and it was busy.

We started with appetizers of chicken satay with tasty peanut sauce and tempura of vegetables and shrimp. These are on the small side as only 4 satay were served and only 2 shrimp. Both were good but would have liked more. They cost $5.95 for satay and $6.95 for tempura.

For entrees we had yellow curry with chicken ($8.95), cashew chicken ($8.95) and veggie delight with pork ($8.95) along with a large bowl of steamed rice that came with entrees. All of the dishes tasted fresh and excellent. They contained a nice selection of vegetables. The servings were adequate portions for lunch with some leftovers for later. Our only problem was the cashew chicken came without cashews. What??? I guess cook was busy. When we pointed out the error they offered to recook with cashews but we thought that would overcook dish so we took them on the side.

Wife and I really enjoyed the food and we are big fans of Thai food. We have been to many in California and found a place we really liked. We plan to go back again. It's in a little strip mall so use gps. My daughter-in-law says at night some locals of questionable backgrounds hang around parking lot of strip mall so be careful. For lunch it was busy with regular worktype crowd so no issues then. It's really good food and I can recommend it to fans of good Thai food.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Good things come out of that kitchen, we had lunch there one day and had a nice selection of Thai and Chinese dishes from the menu. I'd go to this one once a week if I lived there. Good clean tasting food.. A bit long on the sauces in the dishes but otherwise very good.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

We enjoy eating here. The food is really good. It is reasonbly priced, in fact it is very affordable. The service is friendly. Lot's of selections on the menu.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

If you want to experience great Thai food Thai Spoon is the place to go... Start with a fresh crisp salad or Wonton Soup... Thai Spoon Fried Rice is the next treat... Then comes the Entree's: Curry (red-yellow or green) or another Thai favorite of your choice... Or maybe you want Noodle with (beef, pork or Tofu)... My favorites are the Seafoods - "Three Flavor Fish" - "Pad Cha Seafood"... I must warn you if you eat there once you will be back weekly to eat with all of us...!!!

Reviewed 13 January 2016

A wonderful restaurant that is located just behind Jenny's Diner in the Palm Plaza. The Thai style BBQ chicken (gai yan) is the best I have ever had. My wife is Thai (from Thailand) and she LOVES to eat there. The Panang Curry Beef is also the best I have ever had! Monday-Friday lunch specials!