“Interesting Taste - Combination ”
Review of Gelobar

Gelobar
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Brunswick East
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

For entree my friend and I shared a portion of bruschetta, which was nice. For two of us was very satisfying.

We ordered later one pizza each. For the waiter’s recommendation I went with the pizza with tomato base, ham, eggplant, boiled eggs, Parmesan cheese & mushroom. It had a very interesting taste combination I’ve never tried in a pizza before.
It was tasty.

The place in the back where we were seated has a nice trendy charm to it. The waiters are all genuine and super friendly.

I’d definitely return to try their desserts as this time we were too full to continue to another course.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Visited this place after dinner time just to pass time to wait and pick up my girls. Recommended to try the pistachios gelati and taste yummy and my hubby had his cup of coffee with tiramisu cake. Taste good and will be back again next time

1  Thank Margaret M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Thank you Gelo Bar for hosting my sons communion last night. We we're extremely delighted in the high quality food, service atmosphere and the table set up. The place looked elegant, spacious and had a tranquil ambience.

The cake made by the Gelo bar, was the best tasting cake I've had. All our guests were very impressed.

Special thank you to Gelo Bar Manager Andrew - 'Andrea' who provided us with with a great menu ideas & service with a smile.

Andrea it was a pleasure dealing with you & will be back. You are the best restaurant manager that we have experienced. Keep up the good work. You & the Gelo bar staff exceeded any set expectations we had for our celebration & we would highly recommend this restaurant.

The dedication and happiness of all the staff made our celebration happier and definitely more comfortable.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

A local favourite attended by typical local clientele. Drinking coffee and smoking. Our local shop for great ice cream. In summer the snake for cakes and ice cream is often 20m long outside the door. Fantastic cake selection. Ok for dinner, but not exceptional. Will keep coming back for more.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times now and time to report!

Coffee very very good .. 8-9/10

Breakfast menu is ok - a bit pricy ..

The prosciutto flat breads and focaccia rolls with the cheeses are beautiful & reasonably priced.

And well .. as for the sweet tooth ...

Donuts and croissants filled with jams; custard and Nutella .. many options for the sweet tooth ..

Zeppole - this Italian mini donut delicacy it soooo nice!! Doesn't look like much but wow you can't just have one! Fresh, soft and tasty!!
Get some of these - BUT note it's a post Pranzo (lunch) dessert & therefore only available from 2pm.

The custard cannoli are the freshest & best I've had in many many years.

Staff friendly and atmosphere fantastic!

And finally - the toilets are spotless - overall