“Last minute choice”

Sun 'n' Sands Motel
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Had friends from out of town visiting and decided to go to the beach and needed a place to stay. Found this and a lucky find it was. It's old BUT clean, well run, friendly and easily within walking distance to the beach. They allowed us leave our car after check out so no additional parking fees were paid. We left the Kindle under the pillow, they were quick to call us so we could come back and pick it up. A huge thank you for that!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank MizKChandler

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

This is your basic motel, a clean room with thin walls, but right across from the beach and walking distance to downtown. My wife and I came with our 6 year old, and I was very surprised to find out the front desk has a number of beach toys for kids to take with them, also beach towels for everyone. The lady at the front desk was super nice. We walked everywhere, beach, dinner, breakfast and shopping and never had to drive anywhere. A little pricey but your paying for location.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Steveandlanada
Reviewed 31 July 2015

Stayed in room 3. It's not the Hilton but it's quaint and it's clean. Directly across from the beach and 8 minute walk to Pier and all the shopping. You can't beat this place. Lady who runs the motel is so accommodating. She goes out of her way to help you. Will Definitely Stay here if I ever go back again.

Room Tip: Take top room so you wont hear walking above you. We did but we didn't care. We loved our stay!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank MsNashville40
Reviewed 17 June 2015

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Weekend. It's a typical beach motel, which is exactly what I wanted. I knew we would be at the beach most of the time so I didn't want anything fancy or too expensive. It was a bit expensive for such a ordinary motel room but hey, it's right at the beach. We parked our car upon arriving and didn't get in the car again until we left. It's close enough to walk to the beach and to the pier and the downtown section of Huntington Beach so it was quite handy. The room was a little small but it was clean and even a bit homey. The office has coffee in the morning so I would go get a cup o joe and sit at the tables outside and drink my coffee looking at the ocean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lvziggy
Reviewed 2 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights here in August of 2007. I was younger then but i still remeber some of the details to this day. The hotel rooms were average and there were not that many rooms. There was also a lot of noise at the property next door. The hotel is located across PCH from the beach and is in the best spot in Huntington Beach!

Stayed: April 2015