All reviewssunset roomswan lakestrawberry creekthe ownermusic roomreading glassesperfect mixdvd collectionguest loungebreakfast was excellentevery amenityeach morningwonderful placewe've stayedone night staycozy roomking bed
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Once again, our stay at the Rainbow was incomparable to any other inn at which we've stayed. John, the owner, and his cat met us in the lobby. The room...the Strawberry Creek this time.....was typically inviting and comfortable, and had every amenity we could ask for. This is the first time I noticed the bath linen presentation....a unique fold of the towel and face cloth. John, the owner, told me he'd experimented a bit and settled on this display. Each morning we were treated to a fabulous breakfast, artfully presented in what we have come to know is standard Rainbow Inn. This place is tops. Our nephew is to be married in 2019 and I have, somewhat selfishly, suggested a destination wedding at this inn. He and his fiancee are planning to contact John to discuss the possibility!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank david m
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Every year we make it a tradition to visit the Rainbow Inn and this year was better than ever. John takes such good care of us and ensures we have whatever we need. This year we splurged on the Swan Lake room for a winter weekend and loved it. King bed, fireplace, jetted tub and delightful breakfast make for a perfect mix of rest and relaxation...maybe once a year isn't enough!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 2 December 2017

This is a GREAT place to stay. Cozy rooms, John the owner is very nice and accommodating, and the breakfasts are great. Its an easy walk into town as well. This was my 5th stay at this place, I've been to other bed-and-breakfasts in the area, this one is at the top of the list.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joel B
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

What a great place. Short walk to town.

Reminded us of the New England B&Bs.

John is a wonderful host. Very attentive and detailed.

Music room was very comfortable, cozy and clean. While I wish the bathroom for the Music room wasn't across the hall, it wasn't a big deal for our one night stay.

Breakfast was fantastic.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank NippaW
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

John, the owner, is so welcoming. The B&B is in such a peaceful setting, but is still within walking distance of the main part of the town of Idyllwild with all the restaurants and shops. The room was very comfortable and clean. It had a TV, DVD player (the B&B has an amazing DVD collection along with a lot of board games), heater, A/C, and small coffee maker. In my room, the bathroom was across the hall, but it was private to my room only, which was great. The other bedrooms have their own attached bathroom. There are only five rooms so it's a great size, and very quiet. The breakfast that John prepared was delicious. Wonderful place! I'll definitely be back! Thanks John!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo