Strawberry Creek Inn
Palm Canyon Resort & Spa(Palm Springs)
US$326
US$119
US$99
US$110
  • Pool
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$206
Aloha Hotel(Palm Springs)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsthe main houseb bstrawberry creekbed and breakfastget awaybaked french toasthen houseupstairs roombreakfast was amazingsmall roomfollowing morningin townvery nice place to staygourmet breakfastqueen bedmain roomshower stall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I must say I'm confused when other posters comment on the lack of friendliness of the innkeepers. We found Ian and Rodney to be very friendly and helpful. When I called to make a reservation I inquired about appetizers and snacks. Rodney said they were offered on the weekend. I guess he could hear the disappointment in my voice because he offered to make his homemade cookies. Sure enough they were there when we arrived. When I asked if they had non fat milk, a special trip was made to the store. How often do you get that kind of service????? We followed Ian around as he did his chores of feeding the chickens and watering the plants. He was kind and considerate and took time to answer "us cityfolks" questions about raising chickens. The accomadations were clean, comfortable and cozy. We felt right at home and would like to return in the future. If you go in the summer, be sure to check out "Concerts in the Pines" which is within walking distance. Idyllwild is a fun place to visit and Ian and Rodney make it extra special.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kvd
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The organic breakfast was amazing!! Rodney and Ian were fabulous innkeepers and provided us with a comfortable, cozy room with a fireplace. We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday and couldn't have had a better time. Nice hiking areas and Cafe Aroma is a definite must. We will be back :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anikolaki
Reviewed 16 June 2010

What a blessing to finally find a green B&B where I didn't have to worry about my multiple chemical sensitivities! They went out of their way to make sure I wouldn't have a reaction to anything including food on our first romantic getaway in years. I found the hosts friendly and accommodating, but not intrusive which was great. The hosts pointed us in the direction of amazing restaurants - definitely go to The Mountain Restaurant and Cafe Aroma. The grounds and main house were lovely, the appetizers & cookies were great and breakfast was delicious. The weather was beautiful and it even snowed when we were leaving. The other guests were so nice. The room was cozy, sweet, clean and comfortable. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms and it was a little small for my 6'1" husband with the ceilings and shower, but he still liked the room alot. I loved the window seat, decor and the time away. I did get to peek at some of the other larger rooms and they looked gorgeous. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We headed to Idyllwild to do some hiking and relaxing and chose Strawberry Creek Inn because of other Trip Advisor reviews. I can't imagine a better experience! We were greeted by Ian, the owner, who plied us with fresh vegetable pizza and homemade cookies before we even got to our room. Then he arranged dinner reservations at the Mountain Restaurant (fantastic!) We arranged for a packed lunch for our 10 mile hike on Saturday. Honestly, 10 miles starting at 6000 feet can be brutal and nothing makes a hiker happier than a gorgeous lunch of turkey panini prepared by Ian himself. And more cookies! Our breakfasts were delicious (thank god we did all that hiking or we'd be in serious trouble - homemade croissants!)

So many people were repeat visitors, and you can totally tell why. Everything at the Inn is lovely and friendly and mellow and wonderful. If you're in Idyllwild, let Ian and Rodney take care of you!

Oh and just so nobody thinks this is a fake review, we stayed in the Summer room and it was a little warm for us, and we would have loved to be able to open the windows for fresh air. But that is seriously such a small thing for such a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We stayed @ Strawberry Creek Inn during Easter weekend........had a wonderful time during our stay with warmth welcome from Ian (owner) and his staffs.

The cottage is so cute and nicely decorate. You feel like you're home. We stayed at Evergreen room inside main cottage. It also has fire place inside the room too (so romantic). The mattress is quite nice, I have no problem sleeping on that bed. The only concern is that shower stall too small, not suit for tall or big people. Overall for room amenities, I will give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Breakfast serve at 9:00 sharp.....homemade chocolate croissant, juice, fresh brewed coffee, fresh seasonal fruits, organic meal. You will enjoy freshly brewed coffee and variety selections of organic tea 24 hours. They also leave fruit platter, cheese & crackers, fresh homemade cookies in the kitchen for you to enjoy after dinner too.

We will stay there again for sure. I'd recommend this B&B to anyone who seeking a quiet romantic time with your loved one. I like that facts thet they're trying to "go green" by asking guests to recycle and conserve water. Good job Ian :)

Sorry, not recommend for family with kids since it is only for 2 persons per room. No pet allowed.

Overrall......4 stars for me :)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple