“Authentic and Fresh!”

El Puerto Escondido
Ranked #106 of 212 Restaurants in Inglewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were staying in a hotel in Inglewood California and surrounded by Mexican food spots everywhere. I had Yelped which ones were the most popular and this place had one of the highest ratings. First of all, this place is open all night! We walked in and took a seat at the bar and they were very friendly and attentive though it was helpful to know a little Spanish. It had the local hometown vibe and Authentic culture. My buddy ordered the fish plate and he loved it so much that he ordered it again the next day. He also had the tacos and said it was the best he ever had. I had the fajitas and was in complete flavor heaven. The freshness was the key. Next day I had ordered the quesadilla with chicken and I've never had one like this before! Overall our experience had our bellies full, our souls happy, and something to look forward to next time we go back k to LA.
If you're ever in Los Angeles and close to the Inglewood area- please please check this place out!!! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Fun place. Not just seafood. Fun atmosphere Mexican jukebox. The pulpo was pretty good (but I'm a sucker for Greek grilled octopus). If you're coming into lax LATE an staying by the hotels just east of the airport this is the place to go

Reviewed 29 December 2014

Had lunch after picking up our rental car from Hertz...very convenient (.5 miles from rentals). Food was plentiful with lots of hot, tasty tortilla chips & very good salsa. We had Mexican combination platters w enchiladas, rellenos & beef tacos. The red chile sauce overpowered the cheese enchiladas, but the rellenos were quite good. As reported, the menu has a large seafood selection. The restaurant was clean, w a dive-bar ambiance. Will go again to try the fish tacos.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The restaurant is down the street from where we rented our car and was where we were referred to when we asked the rental agent employees where they ate. Because they were open 24-hours, we decided that we would get food there before our 10am flight back.

We called our breakfast order in ahead before we checked out of our hotel, which we figured would give them time for our order to be ready. I did not realize how much food it was! Each oreder was huge! My picky cousin ordered a standard scrambled egg with bacon and toast. I ordered huevos rancheros and my husband ordered a sort of pulled pork with eggs. The last two orders came with a side of rice & beans and chilaques. It was also 2-for-1 fish taco day, so we
wanted to try those. All orders came with chips and salsa. We ended up eating our entrees for breakfast, unfortunately barely finishing even half the dish. (I don't recommend getting coffee here though...it was flavorless.) My huevos rancheros was tasty. My husband raved at how flavorful his dish was. My cousin ate over half of his ginormous portion. We had no choice but to save our tacos and chips for the plane. Luckily they did keep well and even lukewarm, the fish tacos were good, and still much better than what my airline had for purchase. The chips may have been slightly stale but nonetheless a sufficient vehicle for the delicious spicy salsa it came with.

Definitely would recommend this place for a substantial meal. It served our purpose well

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is dive Mexican, and that's what I was looking for. On a Sunday and no food trucks to choose from. Good service, cheap prices, big portions. My Jamaica was a little too sweet. I chose the smoked marlin burrito. It was large and came with pickled carrots, radish and jalapeño. Lots of fish inside along with cheese, rice and beans. Unfortunately it tasted like a corned beef hash. Strange, but that was it. The seafood cocktails looked good though. Homemade salsa. Fresh, but too watery. Overall, if its your only choice, you will be ok, but there is better around.