“A nice dinner for 2”

BRIO Cucina Italiana
Ranked #26 of 698 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Tried something new at the Spectrum and felt like Italian so stopped by Brio. first impressions: noisy inside and as this was supposed to be a dinner for 2 (date night!) I was worried. We were quickly received by the staff and right on time with our reservation. They gave us the option of indoor or patio and were up front that indoor was a bit noisy. We opted for patio and while not an intimate setting it was quiet enough for nice table discussion. It is a very relaxed setting.

I was happy with the food variety. We started with the Bruschetta Sampler which was a nice spin on a traditional appetizer. Mushroom soup was excellent. Gorgonzola crusted beef medallions was very tender and flavorful. Wine selection was nice and had options for all budgets.

If you are looking for a more relaxed environment with good food I'd suggest you give this place a try. It isn't for everyone: traditionalists will always opt for the smaller, family owned shops which I also enjoy. If you can get past the less-family-more-volume feel I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the service and food.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Love this restaurant. Great food. Happy hours are fun but need to get there early in order to find a chair. The outdoor patio is very nice to sit with friends. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Very good choice for inside or outside eating. Very friendly team will welcome you , seat you and continue to make sure you and your group are very happy. The food is very good and the variety on the menu is satisfying...
easy to park and include a visit to the close by shopping center of Spectrum.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

The outdoor dining area here is a real treat as well as the service!
I enjoyed a long dinner with family including the shrimp and lobster risotto (amazing), paired with the Wente Reisling, and vanilla bean gelato. Other diners in my party had the Shrimp Mediterranean which was from what I heard excellent as well.
I just want to note the Tiramasu was the best I've ever had! Nice touch adding the ice cream.
We had a four person dinner with each of us having a glass of wine, an entree and dessert for $205 total including the 25% tip. This was a wonderful meal at a good value.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

A great restaurant at the Irvine Spectrum. Excellent appetizers and an amazing salmon pasta, light sauce with all the special flavors.
Very comfortable atmosphere.
$ 5 happy hour drinks round out the excellent review ! Will be returning often.