“GOOD TACOS- ----NOT WINE MARGARITAS”
Review of Margaritas - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Margaritas
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Well I read the reviews but have to disagree. The place changed owners so I'm not sure that is the issue but I had a different experience. I have family in Julian so we are there quite a bit but this was the first time trying this restaurant.

I had a carne asada taco and a fish taco and both were good. The next day I went in for a quick lunch and had a shrimp taco and a fish taco. Again, both were great.

Sure there are places by my house and work that have better Mexican food but I'm not trying to compare. It is a small kitchen so I doubt they are making mole sauce from scratch all day. I was happy to get a taco that tasted decent.

I asked about the Margaritas bc I had read the bad reviews. The previous owner did have the lame wine Margaritas but the new owners make them with tequila that has the same alcohol content as wine bc of the liquor license.

I found the waitress to be very nice and she even brought me an extra taco bc of an order mix up that was my fault.

Reviewed 17 October 2007

This place looks really cute from the outside. The charm stops there. We sat on the patio and waited a long time for service, even though the place was not crowded. The waitress showed up one time, then the bus boy took over our service! We had to ask for water and chips and salsa twice before they were delivered. The margaritas were large but bland. I've since learned this restaurant only has beer and wine license, so the margaritas are made with wine, not tequila! They should tell you that instead of misleading you. The chile relleno tasted ok, but the cheese enchilada had cheese that tasted more like american cheese than a mexican cheese. At the end of the evening, the staff must have wanted to go home, because they started slamming chairs around the patio and sweeping around us, even though we asked twice if they were closing and wanted us to leave. They said we could stay, but they sure made us feel unwelcome. Between fake drinks and poor service, I will not be going back.

Reviewed 15 September 2007

My food was decent, certainly a better experience than the last reviewer. But for a place called Margaritas, it sure did not make very impressive margaritas! It was a large drink, but quantity isnt everything... I can make them better at home with store bought mix and my Wal-Mart blender. And it was served in large tumbler glass, not a margarita glass. How utterly boring. Might as well put it in a Dixie cup.

Reviewed 29 May 2007

On our last day trip to Julian (May 2007) , we decided to have lunch here. What a mistake! We ordered the "vegy" burrito, the fish taco combination, and the BLT and all of them were terrible. The tortilla chips were greasy and the fries tasted like rancid oil. There was almost no fish on the fish tacos (and the fried fish were also dripping with oil). The vegy burrito at best was "edible." The prices for our meals ran between in the $7-$9 range, which seemed like a deal to us until we actually bit into our food. After tasting our meals, we all agreed that even $7 was a rip-off since the food was terrible and tasted like it came from a can. Save your money and go somewhere else!