Gull Lake Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
June Lake Motel(June Lake)
View Hotel
June Lake Pines(June Lake)
Heidelberg Inn(June Lake)
View Hotel
Austria Hof Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
View Hotel
All reviewsseparate bedroomgull lakefull kitchenshort walkwell equipped kitchenfishkitchen diningnew managerssized bedhotel roomdefinitely stay here againresidential neighborhoodrooms are largechose this placewe've stayedroom keyclose to town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is a well-run, very clean motel. It's not fancy and the price is right. Dog friendly. Close to June and Gull lakes. Easy walk to town. After many trips to June Lake, this will now be our motel of choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rufdog
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My wife and I have stayed here several times with our two daughter s and our Springer Spaniels. Every time is been clean, well-kept, and quiet. It's close to the lakes and the other outdoor activities in June Lakes. You can walk down to a marina and the lake quickly and easily. We just keep coming back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DanielMLord
Reviewed 11 August 2011

It is nice and lots of space and been staying here for years. However, it time to change out the futons as the cushions are wore out.

Room Tip: Rooms are big and most units have a private bedroom and bath.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank yearlyvistor
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed at the lodge for two nights and were extremely pleased with the large accomodation and bright, welcoming decor. The lodge is about 5 minutes walk from Gull Lake and although it is also right next to June lake, it is about a 5-10 minute drive from the "beach" area of June lake. The staff at the lodge were extremely helpful and provided a folder full of things to do in the area and menus of local restaurants. My only complaint would be that we had to wait a while for someone to answer the phone at reception when we were checking out. The bedroom and lounge were extremely comfortable and well furnished and although the TV provided was a little old it wasn't really a problem. The kitchen looked well stocked with cutlery, crockery and pans, however we only really ate breakfast there. We got quite a few supplies from the local general store which was about 10 minutes walk away. In the evening we ate at The Tiger Bar (about 5 minutes walk away) both nights as we found the food good, reasonably cheap with generous portions and they even had a few vegetarian options for me. Overall, I would definately recommend this lodge to anyone looking to stay in the area as the location is convienient, the surroundings beautiful and the lodge itself very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I selected this "lodge" based on the description and the reviews for our anniversary trip. What a terrible dissapointment. This "lodge" is nothing more than a low level motel. Start with the basics...heater didnt work (37 degrees the night we arrived); no simple things like, Kleenex, alarm clock ( actually...NO clock); closet doors off the track; we were there 3 nights, they made the bed once and never provided clean towels. Upon arrival, fhe office was closed and the keys to our room were pinned up in an envelope outside of the office. As for the "patio" or "deck". Upstairs, the deck is the 3-4 foot walkway in front of the rooms. Downstairs, the "patio" is the parking lot. "Fully furnished" kitchen means pots and pans in worst shape than my 20 year old camping kit. No dishwasher, but a sign saying "Please leave the kitchen clean." Seriously? Free cable is on a 10 year + old TV sitting on a table a foot and a half off of the floor and cable reception is terrible. View of the lake? If you stand in just the right spot, you can get a tiny glimpse of the lake...very tiny. So...be aware..this motel ia not as described and reviews from others are very misleading. No service and very low-level accomodations. On a positive...the bed and bedding was comfortable and the room was clean. So dissapointed to have selected this establishment for our

anniversary trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Druiz916
monosupe, Owner at Gull Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Hi, I am sorry that our facility didn't meet your needs. June Lake is really the quintessential fishing village, no frills and not a lot of services. I wish that you had told us about the heater or any other special requests as we would have fixed and accommodated. Clean towels and made beds are an everyday thing unless the do not disturb sign is out, and sometimes our family groups mix the pots and pans up, again so sorry. We live right on site and have both an outside phone and office phone set up for 24 hour service, and most people appreciate that they can grab their key and go. We even have replace most all of the TV's with new flat screens, I probably had a new one right there I could and would have put in. I understand that people don't like to complain and I am sorry that I couldn't make your anniversary more like what you expected. Clean and comfortable is our motto, so at least we got that right. I just wish that we could have gotten to know you better during your stay.