We arrived at the resort after a five hour drive from Phnom Pehn. We had booked a Beach Front Villa having heard from reviews on Trip Advisor that the Water Chalets were "smelly" i.e., stagnant water. On arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a Water Chalet which we said we didn't want (because of the reviews). Mr Pon the Duty Manager came to see us and persuaded us to "at least have a look" and promised if we didn;t like it he would find another solution. He took us there in a golf buggy and I remarked that it was some way from where breakfast was served. We were told dial "0" on your room phone and a golf buggy will be with you in 5 mins to transport you. On arriving at the water chalet my mouth dropped open it was absolutely exquisite, wonderful, fabulous and NO SMELLS AT ALL. (see pics) We accepted the room and within 5 minutes of our luggage being delivered we were presented with complimentary fruit platter and flowers :-). Because of the really painful bites I had all over my legs (received in Phnom Penh) I asked if there was a medical centre/doctor. The guy bringing the fruit made a call and within 5 minutes a nurse knocked on the door gave me tablets and cream AT NO CHARGE and the bites were gone in around 3 days !! The whole resort is amazing, very well kept, gardens beautifully manicured, very good selection at breakfast, beach spotless, sea like a warm bath, all the staff were friendly and helpful and we even secured our own Tuk Tuk driver for the whole week "Win" message me for his details if you want them - he's brilliant. We only ate dinner once in the hotel (although they have many restaurants). I have to say the food was average and well over priced when compared to restaurants outside, The hotel was only about 1/3rd full and therefore we never had to queue for drinks etc., and sun loungers and pools were almost private to us ! There is a big casino attached to the hotel but I cannot comment as we didn't visit - looks amazing though. Absolutely wonderful resort and we will most definitely return. My thanks to Mr Pon and his staff for making our stay wonderful. The water chalet will remain in my dreams - no bad smells AT ALL. Many lovely restaurants nearby (by Tuk Tuk) message me for more info.
Thank you to all at Sokha Beach Resort see you again soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville