Lowest prices for your stay
US$248
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
Booking.comUS$238
PricelineUS$175
Orbitz.comUS$248
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

Beautifully appointed traditional Japanese Inn with classical tatami style rooms and generous selection of Onsens. Though the hotel rate is pretty high, they serve a beautifully crafted dinner in your room with generous portions! The hotel is walking distance to the Valley of Hell and Bear Park! The staff does not speak much English so be warned!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We chose the premium room for our family of 4 with 4 normal beds in a 59 sq meters room . Very spacious room with dining table , separate toilet and bath .Everything was perfect even the kaiseki dinner we chose was pretty good. Unfortunately , we figured out later that the air condition in our room is inadequate because there was only a small vent emitting limited cold air from one corner of the room and it couldn’t cool off the whole room after 6 hours ever since we checked in( the remote control with temperature indication was a joke under this circumstances) although the day we checked in was around 25 degrees , it was still too warm without enough cool air to ventilate the room .
We decided to request for an electric fan and the reception didn’t understood much English but still , we tried our best to communicate and they brought us an electric fan , asking their staff to check if our air condition is working or not but nothing more they can do.
The whole family didn’t sleep well that night , thank
God we only stayed there for one night but have been sweating the whole night and I regret I didn’t request for 2 more electric fans . Please don’t choose to stay in this kind of room during hot summer days . Maybe it’s only my room that had the air condition issues, just my 2 cents

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank JasnowA
Reviewed 4 January 2018

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights in December. The location is great and we enjoyed the onsen greatly. The problem was that when we were taking an early morning bath (it was deserted), a man walked into the woman's bath. I am not sure if he was a pervert or just confused (although the woman's bath is clearly marked in Japanese/Chinese and English). He was naked and of course so were we. What was infuriating was the attitude of the staff. When I complained to the woman at the front desk, she said "tama ni sonna koto arimasu" (sometimes that happens). No apology at all!! I don't know what would have happened if my teenage daughter had been there alone.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank E5094JBsusanb
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is just in front of the bus station so it is easy to get to/from. We stayed in the traditional Japanese tatami room which was clean and spacious and comfortably slept 4. Onsen was great with 5-6 different baths to choose from with various temperatures/minerals. There was also an outdoor bath and an ice bath. The dinner served in the room was great and breakfast buffet was ok with a mix of Japanese and Western dishes. We each received a free ticket to the Sapporo TV tower for booking through Japanican. Truth be told, I still think this type of accommodation is overpriced but Hotel Yumoto was one of the better value options and still cake with the true ryokan/onsen experience.

Date of stay: November 2017
3  Thank donga100
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Encountered a particularly grouchy staff at the reception. No smile, no greeting, nothing. We asked if we could have a late check out and he responded with a loud NO! , and made a no gesture with his arms, which felt rude.

The room is very clean and relatively spacious. That's the only saving grace of this place.

Date of stay: July 2017