Lowest prices for your stay
US$407
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
PricelineUS$439
Booking.comUS$439
CheapTicketsUS$407
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2020

The room we got is very expensive but it is worth it as it comes with a private onsen in the room. The room is very big for japan standard. Ample carpark infront of the property and it is very convenient if you drive. The room is spotlessly clean and of course the highlight is the private onsen at the balcony. The room comes with a dinner which is very nice as well. Good experience.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank sxght
Reviewed 5 January 2020

A very expensive stay during the Christmas period but it was worth it.

I loved the design of the room with the tatami floor, sliding doors and shiki futon beds, which they set up for you during dinner time. In the cold winter weather, the room just felt so warm and cozy. The room was so big that it actually felt like a studio apartment. The room also had a small private outdoor onsen tub which was good for relaxing but I wish we were able to see more of a view while relaxing in the tub as the room faces a lovely snowy hillside. I guess it's for the privacy of guests.

The public baths offered were excellent. Separated by gender, I was pleasantly surprised that the ladies' baths were very empty when I used it. I went at around 10pm and there were only 4 users in total and eventually, I was the only person there so I ended up spending around 45minutes in total of which I think half of the time I was alone. There were 3 indoor baths and 2 sheltered outdoors baths. Having warmed up in the indoor bath, I went outside to enjoy a truly relaxing soak while watching the snow fall. Words cannot describe how blissful that felt.

The dinner provided was excellent and extremely filling although at times we didn't know what we were eating as the menu was in Japanese. We originally thought we would be able to have a private dinner in the room but I guess this was probably a separate service they provided if they provide it at all.

The breakfast was also very tasty. Although it was semi-buffet style, we were already quite full with the non-buffet part of the meal to enjoy what the buffet had to offer.

Thank you Hanayura for the great hospitality.

1  Thank Kaz9876
Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed a night at Ryotei Hanayura on 26th December 2019.There was our last night in Japan, we intended to onsen before we left so we booked a room with a private open air onsen. Unfortunately, my husband got a flu and my son got a high fever. We asked for a small bow of porridge for my son then we took him to bed. A lady who served us at dinner kindly brought us 2 plates of fruits to our room because my son and I left before the final course. We were very appreciated her service. On the morning of 27th December, we had to leave the hotel at 6.30am heading to New Chitose Airport so we didn't have time for breakfast. Surprisingly, there was a gentleman waiting for us in front of our room to help us with our luggages then he gave us 6 bananas,3 cans of drink and 6 pieces of croissants. The service we got from Hanayura was incredibly impressive.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank nataont
Reviewed 27 December 2019

We stayed in a room with private onsen, and we loved it. The room is clean and tidy. The food is delicious too with staff explained each dish to you. The hotel is conveniently located with convenient stores and souvenir shops nearby. The airport bus is just opposite the street.

Reviewed 22 October 2019

We booked this beautiful ryokan with private onsen in room. The dinner and breakfast meals were delicious and prepared with local flavourful ingredients - two of the best meals I've ever had.
Staff are attentive and willing to help.

We opted for a 7pm dinner reservation to allow for a meandering hike around Hell Valley (which is amazing and helped me better appreciate the hot spring at the ryokan). I booked via Expedia and was glad to be able to reserve dinner and shuttle bus with the ryokan via the private message portal on the app.

When I return for a future visit, I will opt to have dinner in the dining room instead of the private dining room since the private dining room was much warmer than my family was comfortable with (we couldn't get the temperature adjusted).

Room tip: Private onsen was worth the extra dollars for those who are uncomfortable in enjoying the public onsen.
Date of stay: October 2019