“Wonderful and charming”

Price range: US$16 - US$42
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Creative American Dining in an Elegant Log Cabin, open since 1985 by chef/owner Charlie Soule and brother Steve
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is very quaint and charming. Service was excellent. They have a a variety of selections for dinner. Everything we ordered was fabulous. Will definitely be back and refer friends there.

Charlie S, Owner at The Soule Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank you for your kind words, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us!!

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Very romantic log cabin with charm, great fireplace and good food. The owners are brothers who do a great job. The prices are fair, the food excellent and the wine is fairly priced. We enjoy going here with friends or for a special occasion.
We return several times a year.

1  Thank calsun99
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I made dinner reservations the night before for 8:00 but didn’t get seated until 8:45. The food was good but my dish was rich and didn’t sit well on the tummy. I’d like to give this place another try because of the original atmosphere and true Tahoe style.

1  Thank Mary B
Charlie S, Owner at The Soule Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

I apologize for the over booking, apparently we did not allow enough time for a couple tables to dine with us and consequently we were backed up at the door, our fault and I will pass this along to the Saturday crew in particular, (I'm guessing 1/27)as for the richness of the food we definitely can offer some dairy free options as well as our classic french style sauces, thank you for pointing out these deficiencies in your experience and I sincerely hope you will try us again

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We have been to this restaurant many times and shame on me for never reviewing. This is a great place for couples or small groups. The atmosphere is perfect and the noise level has never been a problem. The exterior is that of a log cabin and you enter a cozy eating establishment. The food is outstanding with a variety of seafood, meat and vegan dishes. I hate to recommend this to others as it's becoming very popular and reservations are usually needed.

1  Thank ilava
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Everything is wonderful about Soule Domain. Food is unique and very tasty, good wine selection. Rustic cabin ambiance is very nice, especially near the fireplace. Service is excellent! Beware to make your reservations early - it fills up fast and has limited seating. Great for a special occasion!

1  Thank Susan M