“Excellent Mexican Dinner - Nice Restaurant”
Review of Las Panchitas

Las Panchitas
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Kings Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2017

My children insisted I write the best review possible for this restaurant! They loved their meals here - they wanted to come back for lunch and dinner the next day! Did not initially find this on TripAdvisor, instead another Mexican restaurant popped up which did not work out, so we drove by this one and decided to try it. I'm not sure why there are not more positive reviews - we all enjoyed this restaurant so much. We were greeted warmly, the restaurant itself is very clean and nice, the waitstaff was helpful and accommodating (provided suggestions, kept water filled), the food was better than good Mexican food. I can't say everyone finished everything, because portion sizes were huge - but everyone tried! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The owner greeted us when we arrive and he was very friendly. We barley saw our server, other people kept having to come refill our drinks and whatnot. Food wasn't bad, just kind of bland. Only first basket of chips and salsa is free after that you're charged! Just FYI incase you don't see the signs.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Met some local friend for dinner here. We sat out on the patio (highly recommend doing that). The manager (owner?) was so cool...making jokes and serving great margaritas! Free chips and salsa, and the food was great. I'd go again!

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Decided to have Mexican while in Lake Tahoe near Kings Beach and this place appeared on our radar, so we decided to give it a shot. Well we were disappointed from the service to the food.
1. The server/host spilled salsa on my friends phone and didnt know what to do with a half hearted apology.
2. The service in talking our drink and food order was extremely slow, about 15 minutes for him to get back and take our order which was slightly messed up.
3. The food was very bland and not appetizing at all.

The chips were good, that was about it. We won't be going back here again.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

If you come from New Hampshire, you'll love this place. I like my food more spicy(not necessarily piquante). The relleno was cheesy (yeah!!!). But just plain. Albondigas was calabasas soup (squash and zucchini) with two meatballs. I'm used to meaty broth.