“Excellent food and service”
Review of Green Door Cafe

Green Door Cafe
Ranked #201 of 1,244 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Description: Organic Vegan and Vegetarian food.
Description: Organic Vegan and Vegetarian food.
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Really outstanding food and service, nice quiet atmosphere, great menu and great prices, not crowded, many healthy options

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We were actually heading elsewhere when we stumbled across this little gem. The menu is fantastic, such a wonderful variety. The food is delicious, so tasty. The owner/chef if very friendly and was very accommodating of doing our two year old a half portion. There was a high chair available too. We hope to make it back before we head out of town. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Our vegan grandson, tired of my vegan attempts relished his dinner here. Surprisingly my husband really enjoyed his first real vegan meal, especially the kale chips. The varied menu gave us plenty of choices, tomato pie, shepherds pie and tacos, all delicious. We started with the olive and walnut pate with avocado. The food was so good that we really wanted to try dessert the cheese cake was frozen and delicious. A return visit without a vegan grandson is expected.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Quiet, European, personable! You must stop by for the frittata! Hand selected wine list and wonderful music.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Perfect meal! This is absolutely delicious. I'm not even waiting til I'm finished to write this review.

Red lentil pie was amazing.
Coconut mashed potatoes very nice.
Salad was a delightful twist on cabbage (an ingredient of which I'm not usually a fan).
Kale chips are perfectly prepared and seasoned.
All great reasons to return, but, wait...the Curry Burger was fantastic! 30 ingredients make a magic meal! Not too hard like so many others' attempts. The bun wasn't too thick either. It was a nice, meandering flow of different flavors.

Clean, attractively decorated ambience, as well. Nice and quiet. Perfect for a lunch date. I'll have to bring my wife next time!