“more Korean-American than Japanese”

Wonderful Sushi Hillcrest
Ranked #350 of 1,244 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Would you choose a French restaurant run by German-Americans? That's the way I feel about Japanese restaurants run by Koreans. The Korean food here is pretty good. The first time I went, with a friend, the young Korean waiter was very friendly. The second time I went, by myself, I was ignored by the all-American staff.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

There really aren't too many good sushi places in San Diego (which is surprising to me) especially compared to the myriad options in LA we used to enjoy. Wonderful Sushi isn't over priced and the fish quality used to be decent to very good. The last few times, however, it hasn't been that good, thus the "average" rating. I'm not sure if it has a new owner or new supplier but we probably won't be going as much anymore.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

As we were a party of 5, they put us in a back area. At first, I was like, "Cool, we have a quiet area of our own." and then I was like, "What the heck is going on with the music?" I asked the server to change the music as it sounded like a radio caught between stations. She nodded and walked away but it never got better. It really got on my nerves. I wish I could write the sounds that emanated from the speakers....krkrkrkrkrk....you know that sound, right? Anyway, I think they just need to get new speakers. Oh, yeah, the food was VERY GOOD but a bit pricey.