“Gorgeous views and creative tasting menu”

George's at the Cove
Reserve with OpenTable
George's at the Cove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ivanhoe
Description: George's at the Cove is a renowned three-level dining destination located in the heart of La Jolla overlooking the Pacific Ocean and northern coastline. We offer three distinct restaurant and bar concepts – one fine dining and two casual – with stunning ocean views and award-winning cuisine. Known for its splendid rooftop setting, the popular George’s Ocean Terrace – complete with a newly expanded and elevated bar – offers casual al fresco fare for lunch and dinner that is perfectly complemented by sweeping ocean views. Recently reinvented from floor to ceiling, the all-new George’s Level2 – located on the second level – is elevating the craft of cocktails with housemade ingredients and handcut ice. Featuring all the classics and innovative modern creations, like the signature Sea3, Level2 offers a variety of cocktails well-suited to any taste. On the lower level, George's California Modern is a contemporary fine dining restaurant and bar featuring seasonally-driven California cuisine. Guests are invited to explore “San Diego on a plate” through a la carte or tasting menus inspired by the lifestyle, ingredients and sense of place that is San Diego. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply looking to enjoy the San Diego lifestyle to its fullest, George’s at the Cove is an essential part of any visit to the region.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you’re into beautiful views of the ocean and creatively presented and delicious small plates, you must try this restaurant while in La Jolla. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here and the service, food and ambience were all wonderful! Highly recommend for foodies!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,920)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food here is amazing. We had a group of 6 adults and a two year old with varying dietary needs. No one was disappointed. The pasta was amazing and the impossible burger was super tasty. There’s something for everyone on the menu and very friendly staff. Also, what a view! Be prepared to wait for a table, but trust me, it’s worth it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I have been coming to George's literally for decades, though not often since it is a special 'treat'. We took our family here for Mother's Day. Exceptional food, magnificent view, reasonably priced.......for La Jolla.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

unreal fresh cali food w a view to die for. look over the water and kelp beds and across to Torrey Pines. the service was fab and friendly. i would not hesitate to eat here again and again.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We experienced George's for the first time on Mother's Day. We're from out of town. Restaurant as a whole was wonderful. Staff was super friendly. Just know there are several dining options so you should ask questions about "Terrace" vs "Ocean View" vs "Street side", etc... (restaurant should be more proactive in explaining when people call for reservation). When we arrived, we were directed to the Ocean View desk where the reception told us we had to wait despite having a reservation. And the excuse she gave us was that "other people who made reservations in the Street Side room wanted to change to Ocean View.". (I asked why I should be penalized for their mistake). Once we did get seated, our server was great. The "pre-fix" menu was good enough. I would have preferred the open menu given we were charged $10pp extra for the Ocean View Room. (supply vs demand). My families meals were great. Salmon and Short Rib pasta were delicious. I got the Eggs Benedict...It was horrible. Eggs overcooked, muffin overcooked and ham was dried out. I should have sent it back but didn't (which I regret). There was only one working women's bathroom and the lines were 10 deep. Based on everything else, I'd give it another chance but I won't hesitate to send back the bad meal.