“Hip Place, Great sushi”
Review of Bang Bang

Bang Bang
Reserve with OpenTable
Bang Bang is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 1,231 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed 5 May 2016

I was the oldest guy in the room by. Not complaining, it was a fun place. Very good sushi, excellent service.

Note - only open Wed - Sat. Turns into a club later.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

So I hear this place is also a bar nightclub, so that probably explains the stiff drinks, which are tasty and a good value. We were out on New Year's, so we knew the prices would be higher than normal, but it was nice to get more for your buck. Food was good, we had mostly roles, and let the waiters order for us, which I like doing from time to time. Good scene too. I would like to go back and experience the nightclub.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Went here with friends...order a punch bowl! Sushi was delish and service was great! The atmosphere was perfect for a girls' night out!

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

We was greeted by the manager curbside and escorted up the staircase, which is beautifully lined with subway tile leading up into the host stand. To the left it opened up into a club setting in a more subdued lighting. To the right we were seated at the sushi bar and enjoyed the dragon roll. The gentleman manning the sushi bar seemed well in control of his environment and was very informative in answering all of our questions about the menu. The waitress was very attentive and pleasant.
If you are in the San Diego area in the Gaslamp region, I would suggest that you stop in and check it out!

Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

I made a reso for bang bang on open table for 6 pm on a Friday. Once we were seated in the restaurant and awaiting our other guests we were informed they could not come in to eat because they didn't have ID. I explained it was 6 and we were just eating. We had to leave the restaurant at 6:15. What a disaster. I looked back at the open table and after scrolling all the way down it said 21 and up. Since this is a rarity to have to have ID to be allowed in a restaurant I wish it had been placed right before I made the reservation. What a disaster