“Great family-friendly place!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

My three teen boys and I were in LaJolla on a Saturday over Christmas break and happened upon this lovely eatery just as everyone was getting “hangry.” As a single mom, I’d been trying to strike delicate (but critical) balance of exposing them to unique sites & restaurants without breaking the bank during our weeklong “tour” of CA. I’m happy to report the menu was acceptable to 4 picky eaters, we received PLENTY of food for the price (always a worry when feeding teen boys), and the quality was superb. (Service was great, too!) In addition, I loved the casual environment, which made me feel we were sitting in the sun room or kitchen of a good friend’s home. (Thus the name, obviously.)
If I lived in LaJolla, this would be my home-away-from-home AND go-to spot for taking visitors for a casual but quality meal.
Whether you need a hearty fresh deli sandwich, a delicious brownie, a fancy coffee drink or a glass of wine after watching seals at the Cove or shopping, this is the spot!

1  Thank Melissa M

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Love the location and ambiance. Food could be better. Disappointed with the spinach quiche. To me it tasted as it was frozen and reheated in the microwave.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Sandwiches and breakfast are attractive, healthy, reasonably-priced; good, courteous service; nice decor and
paintings on walls; a good choice!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The first floor is an eclectic and artsy coffee shop. Kinda feels like what you would expect to see in California.

The second floor is a hookah bar. Frankly, I don't like the smell, so I just got in an out right away, can't say much.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We stopped in here while randomly wandering the La Jolla area. We found the set up of the place to be a bit crowded/chaotic, and were a little annoyed that the menu over the ordering area didn't list prices. A croissant and smoothie cost $16 - maybe par for the touristy area but we didn't feel like we got a great value for our money here. I'd try somewhere else next time, though they did have a relatively good selection and the desserts in the display looked delicious.