“Best Tacos of My LIFE!”

Ranked #2 of 1,249 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 March 2018

WOW!!! Our lunch at The Taco Stand was DELICIOUS! I'm so glad we decided on this spot to eat! It was a Sunday and the church crowd was out. There isn't much seating inside and we got a beer with lunch (that we weren't able to take outside), so that was a little frustrating because there were some people that ordered after us and took over tables before they got their food.
I got a Pollo Asado Taco, a Baja Taco and an Al Pastor. The Baja was THE BEST! Maybe the single best taco I've ever had! Al Pastor was my second favorite...the pineapple on it was great!
My husband got the Camaron-spicy shrimp, Carne Asada and Pollo Asado. He enjoyed his as well! This favorite was the one with shrimp.
Pollo Asado was both of our least favorite out of the ones we got.
Overall great, great meal! I wish we had one in NC because I'd eat this ALL THE TIME!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here over spring break trip. I had carne asada burrito, wife had fish tacos, and my two daughters (8&11) had cheese quesadillas. We all split an order of fresh made churros for dessert. Easily one of the best Mexican meals we’ve had and we’ve eaten throughout the west coast. There was a long line but the staff moves it quickly and the food is definitely worth it!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Wow! was our first expression when we tried their tacos. There was a queue on a Thursday evening, and it was justified to stand there for 10 minutes. Hands down best Mexican food we had in the United States. They have a sauce bar from where you can get all the salsas and dips. Oh, and the prices are remarkably cheap. A bonus is, you can actually enjoy sunset while eating here.
Try Al Pastor and Carna Asada for sure.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I knew it would be a great food experience when I saw the line out the door. I got the Al Pastor and Baja tacos & I wish I had gotten the burrito, but it was my first time. Great experience. I know where I'll go when I'm back in San Diego!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile