“A visit to a 50's era resturant”

Clearman's North Woods Inn
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in La Mirada
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley View
Description: Welcome to North Woods Inn of San Gabriel, La Mirada and Covina! Come for juicy steaks, fresh seafood, enormous salads and our signature cheese bread. Whether you are in the mood for a quiet dinner for two, want to bring the office for lunch, or celebrate your next family milestone, our restaurant is the place for memorable meals. The warm woodsy atmosphere is very unique and features stained glass, oil paintings, & period lamps. We are just minutes away with locations in L.A. and Orange County. Enjoy abundant lunches and dinners at all 3 locations.
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stopped for a late lunch when we were traveling. Once insideit reminded me of places my folks would take us late 50's early 60's and that's not a bad thing. It was a little dark inside for these old eyes but OK after a while. Food was good to very good and very much like a 50's era place. Service was very good. I had a burger which was more like a good size sub. Good overall but $75 for the 3 of us.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant since I was a kid. I now live in San Diego and cherish any chance I get to eat here. The food is outstanding! The cheese bread is to die for. Service is always spot on. Atmosphere is incredible. My only complaint is that they don't have a restaurant in San Diego.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We often enjoy the casual atmosphere, reasonacle prices and the awesome salad. Great for families and large parties.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

It had been many years since I ate here, but my good memories of it brought me back when I happened to be in the area.
When I saw the parking lot 90% empty in the middle of the dinner hour and no other restaurant nearby, I should have known that maybe I should look for another choice.
Once in, we went to the bar area for "Happy Hour." We ordered the Happy Hour Chicken Tenders and a sampler platter.
The four tenders were served with soggy french fries, but the tenders were actually pretty good.
The sampler plate was supposed to have buffalo wings, but instead had a bunch of heavily breaded, wings parts that were very dark in color served with a side of buffalo sauce. The wings seemed like they were once fried chicken wings and were now served up with the sauce and called buffalo wings. Not the way buffalo wings usually come and not enough sauce served with them. My guess is that they had also seen the inside of the microwave after being rescued from whenever they were originally prepared.
The onion rings were as soggy as the french fries and probably also escapees from the microwave. Other items were similarly unimpressive.
When the man at the table across from us asked to see the manager and pointed to item after item on his plate before leaving the meal uneaten, I could only wish we had done the same.
The carrot sticks were good.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Passed by on the freeway countless time and the snow peaked roofline always caught my attention. Can fit 167 people into this mountain looking lodge. Snowflakes on the floor and stuffed animals all over. Food is tasty and large portioned. Service was great anf it was delicious.