“A Full house should tell you something!”
Review of Tortilla Republic

Tortilla Republic
Reserve with OpenTable
Tortilla Republic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 186 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: View, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tortilla Republic offers inventive Mexican fare with unexpected flavors utilizing all natural meats as well as organic and locally grown produce. We offer a variety of gastronomic and entertaining experiences, with updated Mexican classics made with fresh seasonal ingredients. Tortilla Republic features weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. With ocean view with gorgeous sunsets from almost every seat and with open air courtyard setting, Tortilla Republic makes a great spot for your Brunch, Lunch, Happy Hour or Dinner.
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We went on a Sunday afternoon at 2 pm and the place was packed. Luckily, there was no wait time as there was a table for 2. Service was immediate and very efficient. We were brought chips and a spicy dip immediately along with our request for drinks (water and a coke.) We ordered and shared a Guacamole dip which also came with chips and the chicken enchilada. There were two generous size enchiladas in a verde sauce. All very tasty. Both the wait staff and the manager, Mark, came by to make sure that all was well. I noted that they did this at every table. Pricing for the enchiladas was $13 and the guacamole was $11. This restaurant appeals to people of all ages; but, the bar was packed with young people (20-30's) Nice casual dining.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This is the third time we’ve been to tortilla republic in four years Maybe it was what everyone ordered before but this past time turned out to be a very average meal. Our server Stefano was excellent... very attentive. Checked on us. And he had nothing to do with the kitchen.
We ordered steak fajitas and it ended up being mostly onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and very little beef. I myself do not eat beef but I have seen plenty of fajita platters come out and this one was definitely primarily vegetables and very little beef.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Ok, it’s in Laguna Beach and that means it’s crowded on the streets and sidewalks and parking is hard to find — but go anyway. Be patient and persistent, you can find parking up on one of the side streets.

We liked this place when we walked through the door. Great ambiance and vibe. If it had been just my wife and me we would have set up camp at the great bar. With two of our kids in tow, however, we settled into one of the very comfortable table areas. Be sure to check out their excellent specialty cocktail list, particularly the list of margaritas. I enjoyed two of their Cucumber Lavender Margaritas. I had the second one because the first one was great, as was the second one.

The chips and salsa were very good. We added an order of guacamole and it was excellent, with just enough Serrano peppers added.

Among the four of us we ordered the Surf and Turf Fajitas (shared by two of us), the Carne Asada with a superb chimichurri sauce, and the Short Rib “Chili Verde”, which was outstanding. Everything was wonderfully prepared and presented and all four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Our server was excellent, with spot on recommendations (thank you, Kim!).

We will return.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The food tasted good when we ate it, little overpriced. But, later I felt really sick for at least 4 hours, so I wouldn't eat there again.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed this place for a light lunch. Had the shrimp tacos. Also, really wanted some mezcal, but not what was listed on the menu. The server helped me create a mezcal, cucumber, jalapeno marg which hit the spot! Sat by the window outside, which had a nice view of the ocean!

1  Thank Heather D