All reviews pancake machine ihg property sitting chair large hot tub free breakfast soccer team yogurt bathroom sink next morning hotel is located every morning beds were comfortable king bed pillows razor carpet refrigerator
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Just look at the pictures. Horrible mistake. I have always stayed at holiday inn hotels and have never had such a horrible stay. The room was filthy not cleaned before we stayed there. We arrived at about 11pm and as I pulled the blankets off I seen a stain on the sheets I just slept with no sheet and in my clothes then the following morning as I moved the sheets that were on the floor I took a closer look at the comforter and seen all the stains. Dirty towels, dirty shower curtain. Pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank gutierrezmmc
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Elsinore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi gutierrezmmc,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to post your feedback. While I appreciate you choosing our hotel for your family journey, it is regrettable that your experience with the overall housekeeping service has been less than satisfactory.

Superb service and reliable accommodation remains an important aspect for most of our travelers, and we do understand your frustration. Please know your feedback about the unacceptable cleanliness of the room and amenities is very important. As such, I sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your review. I look forward to your response.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stayed here twice during the extensive remodeling of this property. I was impressed by the cool of the staff under the very stressful situation where they had to work on small wooden desks surrounded by painters and other craftsmen. The place was in chaos but the staff were calm and friendly. I would have freaked out and gone home. The lobby experience was not good but he room was like brand new and immaculate. Our second visit was better because the lobby was 90% done and had a proper front desk. Room was still excellent, everywhere and everything was immaculate. I hope it stays that way.

Room tip: first floor was great
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adnora
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I reserved 2 nights at this hotel and yes just like other reviewers of this hotel, I was very surprised of how the 1st floor and reception was in construction. I actually had a good price of $78 per night without taxes and fees and since I was there to visit my family and drove all the way from Texas to do so, I really thought that they did a great job of the 3rd floor. We first got room 314 and it was huge and beautiful but had to be moved to another room that was a little smaller because the shower knob wasn't completely closing all the way and it was noisy. But the 2nd room was also beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, all sheets, beds, pillows, furniture, carpet and towels were brand new. The construction on the first floor did not affect me and my family at all because we never heard any noise on the third floor. Our sleep was perfect and comfortable. They did provide breakfast and it was alright. They gave scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, coffee, juice, etc..... The older man that works the reception for nightshift is GREAT and hospitable and anything that you call him for, he will provide, of course if it's in his power to do so!! We are not picky and understand that's no perfect situation sometimes but we take with a grain of salt. If you want to have a great night sleep in a brand new hotel room and aren't afraid of a little dust, then I do recommend this hotel. If you are looking for fast Mexican food that has great value and taste, try Albertos' Mexican Food, which is practically right next door to this hotel and I think that they are open 24 hours.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MagdaG744
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I travel about 100 nights per year and spend a large number of them in IHG properties. I redeemed some of my points to stay at this property last week. End of June 2018.

The property was a disaster. There was unfinished drywall, plastic tarps and construction materials everywhere downstairs. This was concerning, but we arrived very late and checked in at the temporary desk in the "lobby".

We should have been concerned when the entry light did not work.... But one of us held the door while the other went in to try lights to see if another worked. Found one. Moved in. I wanted to prepare for Monday and the room did not have an iron. The night manager responded quickly to bring one to the room. This was good.

But it was hot. The air conditioning in the hallways and public spaces wasn't working or on. We tried and tried to adjust the temperature via the thermostat. It did not work. Climbed in to bed and tried to turn on the television. It did not work and appeared not to have been programmed. I called the front desk twice and was put on hold... Permanently. Gave up and suffered through the night.

The management refused to issue a credit for the points that I spent on the room so I feel compelled to warn other travelers to avoid this property until the renovation is complete. There was NO warning on the IHG website and there was NO sign on the thermostat or TV explaining the use or non-operable status.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2018

They told us they were doing some updating when we phoned to make our reservation. That was an understatement. It was torn down to the concrete floors. It was in full demolition mode. The construction started at 6am. It was noisy. Big dumpsters surrounded the property. It was dirty, full of sheet rock dust, mud from the mud and tape process, and extremely uncomfortable. We were told that we would be on the "Newly" renovated third floor. Oh my, what a mess. It was dirty, the only property elevator was filthy each of our three days on the property. No one ever even attempted to clean it. The hallway had open holes in the ceiling, chunks of thick glass in the hallway window sills, missing light bulbs and when we finally got to our room, the room number was written on a piece of masking tape. The room was not clean, the phone was filthy. The window coverings did not cover the window completely so light streamed in at 5am. There was a motion light that turned on bright lights whenever someone got up in the night to use the restroom. It was shocking to be sleeping and all of a sudden have bright lights shining in your eyes.
Basically, it was the worst stay at a hotel that I have had in a long time. When we shared our concerns with the front desk no accommodation or concession was made or offered.

Date of stay: May 2018