“Rude Lady”

Musashi Sushiya
Ranked #123 of 275 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Food was ok. Its a korean run Japanese restaurant. Service was slow and the older lady, which I assumed was the owner, was loud and rude. Asked for extra wasabi and she was not happy geez..not going back.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We stopped at Musashi on the way back to our hotel in Laguna Hills. The food was pretty good, and the pricing is really attractive for good sushi. The one complaint was the service. We had 4 different people serve our table at one point or another, and they were very disorganized. I was served about 10 minutes before my colleague, which wasn't too bad since it was cold rolls. I could see that it would have been a big problem if it was hot food (since I don't eat before everyone is served). They also never filled our drinks after the first iteration. Since it was only water, I was very surprised by this. If you go here, try and catch it when its not too busy. When it is, they can't really handle it.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

We have been coming here a lot lately, the sushi is very good and the half off prices are great. We usually get 5-6 rolls to split between myself and my hubby and we are left stuffed. We both love the spicy tuna roll and the crunch roll. Haven't had anything else off the menu besides the sushi but I am sure that is good but for the variety of sushi rolls and stuff like that this place is some of the best around town. Can't wait until the next time we come back.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Like most restaurants in Orange County, this is in a strip mall. The sushi is fresh and they have a lot of other Japanese and other dishes. Great for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Nice remodel of the former Oami restaurant. Wife and I ordered lunch boxes, which were nicely presented, and an OK value at $10. Teriyaki beef was very good, as was a seaweed salad and some other greens. The big disappointment was the tempura: I love vegetable tempura, so I asked for all vegetables, & hold the shrimp. the generous portion had an odd sort of coating, crunchy but not light and airy like I am accustomed to, and was not tasty.

Next time I will try the Rainbow Roll, which looked very good.