“Good Home Cookin'”

Renee's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Lakeport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

We were visiting friends who live close by. When we come up to visit we always go to Renee's because we know we will have a good breakfast. Nothing fancy but it is homey and it is filled with locals.
Varied menu options and portions are ample.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

This is in Lakeport one of 2 large cities by the lake. Our home town of Kelseyville is right dab in the middle of Clearlake & Lakeport. So we do travel both directions quite frequently. This one reminds me of the Bob's Big Boy Restaurants down south. It has both inside & outside eating but not done as much in the winter. Looks like at some time in the past they did have outside car service. The inside is small but we haven't had any trouble in seating either the 2 of us or more. The draw back is booths are designed for parties of 4. So it isn't really set up if we bring our party of 5. Maybe the food is between average & good but it is a nice place to eat. What I like best is the malts with all the 15 favors but they would be so good even if they only made one. So maybe that is why I gave it a 4-star. It wasn't that long ago that we were there but we have gone a few times each of our 11 years. Once we ate breakfast & dinner but all of the other times it was lunch. We all have liked all the different things we did order you will too.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Renee's is a very good restaurant. The turn-over rate of the wait-persons is very low so you get to know your server over the years. The restaurant is always very clean....and is usually kind of crowded....especially on Sundays when we often stop in and have brunch.
We also eat lunch there frequently, and breakfast occasionally. No matter what time of day, the food is always good, the selection is great, and the service is wonderful...even when the place is crowded.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I'm on a temporary assignment in Lakeport and Renee's cafe is my favorite place to have lunch. I would definitely eat breakfast there also but I'm living in Ukiah. If you have read my other postings then you know that a club sandwich is my gold standard for how well a restaurant measures up and Renee's club sandwich is the best I've ever eaten and it comes with fries. I requested the fries be crisp and they were crisp...how often does that happen...not often for me. I've read negative comments about the servers which I cannot confirm. My servers have all been friendly and professional. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner today. She's been in business for 42 years first as a cook when her parents ran things and now she manages the business. I saw her interact with several of her employees...if only we were all so lucky to have a boss like her. It's clearly a place that locals eat and is always crowded but I have never had to wait on a table. I've also taken several meals to go and ate at my office and the food was just as good and hot. If you visit Lakeport don't miss eating here. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

It is diner food. The vibe of the place is very old school dine with servers that fit right in and are very good. The food was less wonderful.