“Huge burgers and 12 beer on tap”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jack's Gaslight Grill
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Lakeport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Just stopped in for lunch on a bike ride through Clearlake wine country. We had the western burger and patty melt. Both were huge and cooked just right. Lots of drafts to select from.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

This little restaurant is awesome. They really know how to please their customers. The food is really good.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I think I've reviewed this place before, but it has become our go to restaurant after the brewery changed their menu. We liked it before that, but sort of rediscovered it.

The food is very good and reasonably priced. The service is excellent and we always walk right it, sit down and are served immediately. Normally we get the Cajun Chicken Sandwich, but last night I branched out and had the Hot Pastrami. Very good, and in Lakeport, very good may as well be superb as options are limited. They also have a few beers on tap.

I almost feel bad for writing this review because what if everybody reads it and I have to wait for food? Oh well, I guess I'll post it and pray to the dinner gods to smile upon me.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Jack's Gaslight is a local fixture that I never paid much attention to until recently, but it's been a fixture in Lakeport for ages and as it turns out, it's with good reason. In its current form the place is well-lit, has a nice selection of beer on tap, and has both tasty and consistent food, and friendly and efficient service. Finding those two things in one restaurant is a trial anywhere, but I've found it to be especially difficult in this particular locale. With few offerings and a captive audience, most restaurants seem to be content providing the minimum.

The fare is American pub grub, and I'm grateful for it. I find the burgers to be possibly the best in town; there's one possible competitor well up Main Street, but they lack not only the pleasant atmosphere, but also the beer. As a total sucker for fried foods, I am a bit in love with both the shoestring-cut fried pickles (shaped like french fries) and the "squid fries", which are fish stick-shaped cuts of squid steak - why aren't these everywhere?

Overall, I have never been even the least bit disappointed by Jack's, which I think is probably one of the best compliments I can pay a restaurant, and not something I can say about literally anything else in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Right downtown Lakeport. If you have time it is a great place to eat. The staff are friendly, but Jack likes to take his time preparing each meal. That is good and bad. If you are in a hurry go to Mcdonalds but it you have the time go to Jack's. It is old and a little funky.