“Perfect pasta!”
Review of Gia

Gia
Reserve with OpenTable
Gia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Larkspur
Reviewed 12 August 2017

May be the best restaurant in Larkspur....certainly better than Pico, Left Bank, and Perry's, although each is good in their own right. For terrific pasta you cannot beat Gia. Just opened a few months ago, it has a winning formula. Casual but upscale; excellent service (Antonio was terrific.....ask him about his new baby boy, Luciano); very nice wine list; and a bit of a view from inside or outside. Very good value for the money.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I rarely eat beef, but there was a grass fed option on the menu that I chose. It was perfectly prepared and seasoned. One friend had the gnocchi and another, the seafood pasta. They were happy with the choices. We shared a Roma salad with wild arugula and peaches. Also excellent! Service was attentive. If I lived here, I'd eat eat here once a week!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Gia is an authentic Italian neighborhood restaurant in the heart of downtown Larkspur. The food is all fresh. The bread and the pasta remind us of when we were in Italy. It melts in your mouth. We always leave there full and very satisfied. The service is great. We've enjoyed it every time we've been and everything has been consistent. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Not only is this restaurant in an amazing location in downtown Larkspur but the food is top notch. Chef Stefano creates traditional central and southern Italian dishes with an amazing modern flare. Each dish tried was more outstanding then the next. I highly recommend the lamb trilogy. Every dish tried is simple in theory but bold in flavor. I consider this restaurant a foodies paradise and it should be a contender for one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area. Their wine list was extensive of the best Italian wines that you are unable to get elsewhere. In general the atmosphere was very nice and romantic with fresh beautiful flowers on every table, perfect for a date night.

On the other spectrum there was a family seated across the restaurant with a young child. Maybe it was a good baby but they did not make any noise and it appeared to be a pleasant dinner for families as well. I noticed the baby dropped some pasta on the floor and as the parents were apologizing and picking it up the waiter was quick to tell the parents it is ok and that it is a family restaurant as well. This gesture made it feel like a restaurant that welcomed families and was Michelin star quality for the entire family.

That brings me to discuss our waiter Ettore and the waitstaff. They were impeccable and very friendly. They did everything possible to ensure the best experience was achieved. They were very attentive and there was never a dirty plate left on the table. I give this restaurant a 5/5 and as someone who drove well over an hour to get here I intend to make multiple reservations in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

This restaurant's owner is from Rome and the food and service takes you there. We started with Porchetta Romana and the serving was robust and delicious with a wonderful mixed green salad. The Polpo (Octopus) was tasty but not grilled which is my preferred method to prepare. We shared the Vongole Pasta with loads of clams and asparagus which was a nice surprise. Dessert was Profiteroles which were ok but we should have taken the waiters suggestion and had another. I've given 5 stars since this is authentic food with large portions and a delightful ambiance. I'm still thinking about the porchetta! Go there!