Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel
  • Fitness centre
US$209
US$159
  • Breakfast included
Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$151
  • Pool
Travelers Inn(Lawndale)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjack in the boxlax airportfree shuttlepark and flymanhattan beachfree breakfastsafe arealos angeleslaundry roompool and hot tubinternet accessbit datedminute drivelong beachstarbucksconveniencefreeway
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you are shopping for a budget hotel (usually price is paramount) then Best Western would appear to be one of your better bets. Having stayed at all three Best Westerns around LAX, I would say that my experiences have been generally positive. In the case of the establishment in Lawndale, for reasons to boring to discuss, I recently found myself staying there on three separate occasions within a month's time. The result was anything but consistent. When it was good, it was very good. But when it was bad, it was disappointing.
My first stay was by far the best. For reasons unknown, I was given a very large room, more of a genuine suite, with two large televisions, a separate seating area completel with kitchen sink. Located at the back of the building (the odd numbered rooms on the second floor) it provided a very comfortable overnight stay.
The second time however I was provided with a room down the same corridor but on the even numbered side of the hall. The room was of standard size though much smaller than my previous one.
The third visit was disappointing. The room was by the highway in the front of the building and of a size inbetween the two other rooms. But this time a call to me had trouble getting through because initially the front desk claimed I wasn't there and then connected my friend to the wrong room. But the real trouble hear was that a requested wake up call never came through. To me this is the worst fault of any airport hotel. It can mean missing a flight and being stranded. Fortunately I woke up on my own and was able to hustle and get to the airport on time.
One major issue about staying at this establishment is its distance from the airport. Traffic can make the shuttle trip unhappily extended. If traffic is light the time is about 10-15 minutes. But in heavy traffic the time can be 25-30 minutes. My third stay I had to wait 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive and then another 25 minutes for it to make it to the motel. So if you are going to use the shuttle make sure you phone as soon as you get your luggage if not before.
Included breakfast is what you can expect at a budget hotel. The only oddity is the fascination here with mechanizing as many parts of the process as possible. The surrounding area is mostly nondescript with the usual fast food outlets and Starbucks in walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel and on the top floor. See if you can get a suite.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
BWSBH, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Guest cfreedma,

Thank you for your detailed review on your stays at the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel. We're pleased that you had a great first stay at one of our large room that was available at time. Perhaps that was a nice upgrade. Our location is indeed ideal and is central to most LA area attractions such as Disneyland, Universal Studios and known beaches such as Venice and Santa Monica. Out property is close to LAX airport and just minutes away. We'd like to give headway because of the traffic. Our breakfast room just opened and offers breakfast buffet with hot items. See you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is what I got from 1/4--1/8/2018 while I stay in this hotel!
And I was told by manager that they have no responsibility for this issue!
On 1/6, I told them to change a room, after that, I had not gotten any biting. In this case, who has responsibility for this issue.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest Muzikong,
Thank you for sending a review on your stay at the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel. Third party companies Isotech and Round the Clock come in periodically to inspect and treat our property guest rooms. Rooms have been checked and treated and even the LA county health department person came to ascertain that rooms have been treated. We would like to remind guests that we are not remiss on important items such as this.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Overall good experience. The park and fly option worked well for us. Timely trip to and from LAX. Main negative was that he WiFi was useless during our stay. The new included breakfast had a nice variety of items, although they are still working out some of the kinks as a few of the hot items were empty when we went to breakfast (8 am).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Have stayed at BWPSB several times and unfortunately this place has the worst internet service I have ever encountered. Frequent drops, especially on the busy street side of the hotel; impossible to get on in lobby, in-hotel restaurant and rooms on the street side. Noisy with streetside traffic. Rest of hotel fine. Breakfast—waffle was good, juice watered down, eggs mushy, not much else to write home about. Quality needs to improve. On a bright side, all staff , including front-desk and housekeeping are extremely pleasant. Shuttle drivers give excellent service and very safe. Clean rooms. Pool is terrific.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
BWSBH, Manager at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting a feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel. We just replaced the WIFI gateway and a few access points to have greater signals. The breakfast room just opened recently and we do serve fresh products every day. We do appreciate that you found our staff extremely pleasant and extended excellent service.

Your return to see us again soon is pleasantly expected.

Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This budget hotel is 7 miles from Los Angeles International Airport.

The furnished rooms and with poor free WiFi, mini fridge, flat-screen TVs, and tea and coffeemakers. The hotel is very neat and clean mainly bathroom and toilet

A laid-back restaurant serves American and international cuisine. It provides a free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
BWSBH, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel. We appreciate that you found our property to be neat and clean. Guest rooms just had a major remodeling with new furniture, lamps, head boards, luggage benches. The brand new breakfast room just recently opened and is now serving breakfast buffet-style. We eagerly await your return and extend our superior service.