All reviews grounds are beautiful tasting room on site restaurant visitor center steam room spa services great spa aveda products granola relaxing weekend rooms are large great restaurant small town downtown lodi lounge fireplace wedding
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Recently visited Wine and Roses for a close friend wedding. The food was excellant along with the service. The location was beautiful and would recommend for those couples looking for a special location to tie the knot!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2012

took my husband here for a romantic night. We stayed in the Bride's suite and we also did the couples interlude package at the spa. The 24 hrs. spent there was def. expensive and some of the experience was not worth it. I wish we would of stayed in the suite and ordered in from some where out the restaurant.

-Bar, piano player was boring, and flirting with all the men. For a Friday night I wished it would of been a little more up beat.
- Restaurant, food was HORRIBLE I ordered the Memories From Italy. Which I returned after looking at the horrible presentation on the plate and after taking one bite of the brochette. Then I thought I would keep it safe so I ordered the Saffron Pasta & Shrimp. My husband and I took one bite, and were done!There was no taste what so ever.It tasted like wet cold noodles, and the vegtables where hard. And on top of it, they over charged me. I was charged for a full plate when I only ordered a half a plate. I caught this mistake at checkout. Thank goodness.

The SPA Experience
I purchased the couples interlude. Very expensive but you can't put a price on romance epically when you have 3 kids and never get romance! And plus for that price I was expecting something amazing.
+friendly people
+beautiful scenery
+Amazing locker rooms (they have everything you need)
+Great amenities
- I was suppose to get a deep tissue massage but the masseuse couldn't do it. She was sick! She kept sniffling the whole time, coughing and blowing her nose. It was gross to say the least. At one point I asked "could you please go deeper" she responded "ya" with a sniffle. The she pushed her elbow as hard as she could across my shoulder bone. I yelled it hurt so bad. Long story short my husband loved his massage but mine was horrible. I spoke with a supervisor after wards which she decided to give me a gift card just for my massage so I could come back. Really?I still had to pay the full amount. I really have no intentions on going back. I should of not had to pay for mine! I wanted this experience to be something we could remember together forever.

Room Tip: Brides suite! Above resturant
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I attended a wedding here last weekend, and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was outside, and the post-wedding/pre-reception area was perfect. The reception hall was also great. The passed hors d'oevres were just okay--little mini chicken tostadas, little brushettas, and crab cakes wrapped in bacon. The salad was not great, but I really dislike blue cheese, so it may have just been me. The entree was fantastic--very juicy chicken, perfectly cooked filet, great veggies! We had breakfast/brunch there, too, and it was decent with a good selection.

The rooms are pretty great! We had a #42, which is a "spa room," which I understand really only means river rocks inlaid in the ground in the bathroom and entry. Our balcony was huge and awesome. The room had a great big tub, lots of hot water with great pressure, a king-size bed, a great selection of pillows, etc.! The windows open so you can let the crisp Cali air in, which was great!

Only complaint is that the shower curtain smelled moldy/mildewy and made the entire bathroom smell mildewy. Otherwise, pretty awesome!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

W & R is as good as it gets. Great facilities, beautiful rooms, fabulous restaurant & piano bar, world class spa & fitness center, elegant pool & whirlpool, fabulous wine tasting (local wine growers coop selected the W & R for their tasting room location) - all in a park-like setting with giant redwoods, pines and gardens. The staff was polite and attentive - Russ & Cathy Munson, the owners, are there everyday managing every detail. I was part of a college reunion group and this was the second year we returned & have decided to come back again next October too! Their wedding and large group facilities are fantastic - if I had a daughter looking for a "memory maker" wedding/reception location, I'd take her to the Wine & Roses. The old town district in Lodi is quaint with numerous watering holes and restaurants. I've been to the wine districts in Napa, Sonoma, Paso Robles, Santa Ynez and Provence in France - and W & R gets my vote for return trips!! Check out their website.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but I prefer the newest rooms in the newest phase - I stayed in Building 10.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We just spent one night there but we would like to go there again. Lovely rooms with great space. Beautiful garden and nice relaxing poolarea. We enjoyed walking around and look at, and taste the grapes. Fantastic food and wine.There was a small fridge and coffeemaker so we had our own breakfast in our balcony.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple