“When you get the feeling to move on...you should”

Boston's Restaurant & Sports Bar
Ranked #721 of 1,142 Restaurants in Long Beach
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I made a mistake tonight by going to Boston's Restaurant and Sports Bar. I thought that there would not be as much emphasis on "Sports Bar" as there was but that notion was quickly dissuaded upon entry as I was met with an empty restaurant and incredibly loud music.

I opted to stay as it was the pre-destined choice of the night as I was drawn to the pizza noted on their billboard out front. It was very disappointing and tasted very 'stock' - meaning the dough, sauce and toppings were all very pedestrian. As I was eating it, I kept asking if the marinara was Chef Boy-r-dee.

Very, very disappointing and the noise level made an below average meal even less appealing. I would not recommend this location to anyone in the Long Beach area.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

we went there for coffee and wine after a disappointing dinner at Bubba Gump's across the street. We realized we ought to have patronized them for dinner, instead.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a lovely lunch outside after touring the Aquarium. Waitress was gracious and attentive, food was very good and atmosphere was so relaxing. Portions were generous and well-prepared. Definitely would return again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The food and service are average, but the thing I take away from Boston's is the noise! Don't go there if conversation is what you're after.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is quite a large restaurant that has a very good selection of food on the menu. The staff meet and greet you in a very friendly way and you are assigned a waiter or waitress. Our waitress Sarah T was fantastic, advising us about the various meals on offer. The service was second to none. The food was plentiful hot and very good quality. The sweets sounded very interesting but were also large, too much for us; however Sarah suggested the Petite Trio:- Apple Crunch, Chocolate Brownie and Bread Pudding - all hot and in small glasses. We had one - with two spoons !!