“Keep a Menu at your table”

Boston's Restaurant & Sports Bar
Ranked #550 of 1,177 Restaurants in Long Beach
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I ordered a individual pizza for my 10 year old because she wanted more that one topping offered on the kids menu pizza and a 1/2 cranberry salad with grilled chicken. The waitress was sort of terse. Was there with my friend and her 2 children. We probably should have moved on to another place or driven home when I saw the sign that said experienced server wanted at the door. I was sure the menu said my salad came with parmesan bread, I got a very curt NO! from the waitress. When the bill came she we were charged for a small pizza not an individual size like I ordered. Like I said if you want to have to challenge the staff keep a menu at your table. Otherwise the food was good, The sauce on the pizza had an odd taste like they used minstrone soup instead of a pizza sauce,
The waitress came to our table and asked if we wanted our food first before our friends. Who does that, eat in front of your friends while they wait for their food? Isn't the whole point of going out to eat your meal together? We opted to wait which may explain why my chicken had grill marks on it but was cold. I don't think I will be coming back

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I made a mistake tonight by going to Boston's Restaurant and Sports Bar. I thought that there would not be as much emphasis on "Sports Bar" as there was but that notion was quickly dissuaded upon entry as I was met with an empty restaurant and incredibly loud music.

I opted to stay as it was the pre-destined choice of the night as I was drawn to the pizza noted on their billboard out front. It was very disappointing and tasted very 'stock' - meaning the dough, sauce and toppings were all very pedestrian. As I was eating it, I kept asking if the marinara was Chef Boy-r-dee.

Very, very disappointing and the noise level made an below average meal even less appealing. I would not recommend this location to anyone in the Long Beach area.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

we went there for coffee and wine after a disappointing dinner at Bubba Gump's across the street. We realized we ought to have patronized them for dinner, instead.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a lovely lunch outside after touring the Aquarium. Waitress was gracious and attentive, food was very good and atmosphere was so relaxing. Portions were generous and well-prepared. Definitely would return again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The food and service are average, but the thing I take away from Boston's is the noise! Don't go there if conversation is what you're after.