“Very Pleasant Atmosphere”

Add it.
Pietris Bakery
Ranked #328 of 1,196 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: The Pietris Group begins its history in 1930 from Solomos, Corinthia, Greece, with the opening of the first Pietris Bakery Store. The Pietris family succeeded in winning the hearts of all of Corinthia with the two-kilo peel bread, Pietris Tsoureki, and Traditional Pietris Galaktompoureko. And so, after the Panhellenic fame, the idea of creating the first production at an industrial level began, as well as the introduction of the Pietris products in even more stores. In 1992, the first Pietris Bakery Story opened in Corinth. The resonance and love of the people were so great that the production had to be increased, while more retail bakery stores were opened. Thus, Pietris' facilities were founded in Isthmus, with the production of Pastry, Bread, Confectionery, and Sweets, as well as the Pietris Bakery Shop at the most central part of Corinth. At the same time, a shop was founded on the premises of Isthmus, to establish the integrated production of Pietris.
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We had been watching this restaurant get built for quite a few months with a huge banner advertising a Greek Bakery coming soon. So when they opened their doors a month ago, I could not wait to try it. First, I took a tour of all the counters: an ice-cream/gelato section, Greek pastry section, a bread/sandwich area with a board advertising the day's specials. There are configurations of tables, chairs, bar stools and tall tables, and a glass wall where one can sit and be entertained by the goings on outside. When the food arrived, I was surprised with its simplicity and fresh taste. I had ordered just a spanakopita as a snack. It came heated, on a plate, with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, Greek olives, and chunks of feta cheese! All for $3.95. My niece ordered their daily special which was stuffed tomatoes and peppers with cottage potatoes on the side. It was a vegetarian meal. She said it was tasty. Their original Greek salad was also awesome, and it was served with a basket of their hard, crusty farm bread. I can't wait to return with my husband and surprise him.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This place is great and deserves more reviews!
I was visiting the area to spend time with family. Hadn't been to Belmont Shore in years. My 80-year-old grandmother recommended we eat here based on recent and previous visits she has made with other family members (my grandfather was Greek and recently passed. I believe she likes this place because of that reason, and the wonderful food, of course).
From my understanding, it is a new establishment and it shows. It is super gorgeous on the inside. I just moved back to the States two months ago after living in Europe for three years. This place doesn't remind me of Greece, but more so an upscale cafe/restaurant in France.
BUT the food is divine and very much Mediterranean style. When I visited, it was breakfast time and I ate the only omelet on the menu: Santorini Omelette. It was dang delicious and everything about it was FRESH X 100! Never thought I would appreciate cherry tomatoes in a breakfast dish!!! I think I polished that plate in record speed and it was a reasonable price around $8-ish bucks. My grandmother ordered the Athenian Skillet and although I didn't take a bite of hers, I think I could've found room in my 115 lb frame to eat her entire plate, as well.
Good service and great prices. A shame I live 1,500 miles away, otherwise, they'd have my business at least once a week.
For a moment, I was back in Europe, and although the food was amazing, I enjoyed the vibe just as much.
P.S. I think my grandmother has a thing for Kosta, the server!

1  Thank TNoslen
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome Greek cafe on second. The inside aesthetic is beautiful. Amazing job with layout and decor.

The freddo cappuccinos were super tasty (the use ily coffee). The spanakopita was tasty as well. I didn't have a chance to try anything else on the menu because I mainly went to try the coffee and cookies.

The day I went they were passing out samples of different pastries, a good way to introduce people who are not familiar with Greek cuisine to taste different items.

There were a few minor problems I noticed prices, slight confusion with employees, but with any new business it takes time for perfection. Keep up the great work Pietris!!!!!

1  Thank Athina I