“Little Out of the Way Local Sushi Place”
Review of Awesome Sushi

Awesome Sushi
Ranked #126 of 1,176 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Really enjoyed this local sushi place during my trip to Long Beach visiting my son during his graduation from Cal State Long Beach. Staff was great, menu was excellent and price/value was excellent. Love this little sushi place!

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

This place is great the owner actually served us and the food was excellent. I had blue fin tuna that was great, and octopus that was sssoooo good. The oysters were some of the most memorable oysters I've ever had and I've had a lot. The rolls are so good and the home made creme brûlée was fantastic the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the service was great

Reviewed 24 December 2015

I've been wanting to try this place for a long time based on the reviews. The experience didn't live up to the hype. From parking in an auto repair lot, to a menu that did not explain offerings very well, to sushi made with not-sushi rice... it was just okay. If you went purely by the menu, it looks like all their sushi is made with "spicy" ground fish. We ordered a lunch combo, which came with decent sashimi grade fish and a nice variety (picture on menu shows sea urchin which it did not come with...good for me as that's not my favorite). Having no Japanese influence at a sushi restaurant might explain some of the issues.

Share review

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

The awesome roll is quite honestly awesome. The waitstaff was always on top of things and were great at letting us know when happy hour was about to end.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Impressive number of choices - Early Bird rate up to 7pm making it amazing value for money. Food excellent, service quick - we will be returning when we are back in LA