“Great place to relax”

Walls Motel Long Beach
Ranked #5 of 12 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I'm not sure what the people are complaining about, This is a nice motel situated in a convenient location. The neighborhood is safe and it's a pretty quiet place. Granted, you have the traffic noise, but that's the price you pay for choosing a motel on a busy roadway. Management is nice and respectful. Everything about this room exceeds my expectations. Yes, there's only a sheet and the bedspread, so prepare to freeze or use the bedspread. They're obviously washed regularly; this isn't a Motel 6, here. Management doesn't play around with extra visitors, so no hookers are using this motel to ply their trade. Y'all can relax on that. I had everything I needed in the room, and housekeeping always made sure i had fresh towels, plenty of soap and fresh bedsheets. It's true you might get stuck with a smoking room, but I just Febreezed the crap out of everything. This isn't the Ritz and you're paying a great price for all the extras. It may not look like much from the outside but the rooms are fantastic. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The further away from the street, the less traffic noise you get, so ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lindsay M

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here after switching from another motel in the area. The staff were very very nice and when at first they did not have a room available she called around to help me find another motel. Eventually they had a cancellation and she booked me the room. Very considerate and helpful. Great motel if you are on a budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Corey C
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Really nice people, and the accommodations are nice for the price.
The beds and really hard, so some people may have trouble sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I recently stayed here a couple of days ago. for about 3 nights and four days. At first glance, it might be a turn off but I must say its a whole difference when get to the rooms. The room was very spacious, neat and always had clean towels. There was 2 bottles of water and cups in the room which i liked. I had no problems or whatsoever. Both managers were a great help right from beginning. I took his advice to rent a car instead of trying to take the buses to move around LA and that was way worth it. I was walking around at night with no problems. The bus line is right in front of the motel which takes you right down town Long beach. What sealed the deal for me was that. After my stay, i had forgotten my phone in the room by mistake after trying to leave at 4 am in the morning to catch my flight. I immediately called the motel to try and see if they found it. The manager called me back and he found it. He ended up sending it by overnight delivery and I was able to get my phone back. I was really surprised to still find honest people like him around. In short I had no major problems with this place. Basically dont expect any expensive treatment or experience and be disappointed to come write bad reviews here. A decent price for a decent stay but I can promise that it is a very decent place. If i were to every go back to Long beach i will definitely book this place again. Yes

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ato A
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We booked the place after reading all the nice reviews in TripAdvisor - much better than those of many other motels, and were truly shocked when we came in and saw what it was.

First, everything started to look weird when we saw the "office": a extremely small square behind a dark, apparently bulletproof glass. Why would you need such a thing in a - theoretically - safe neighborhood?. The man there was quite rude to us, but acceptable, at least.

Second, the room was not clean, the bed was wet on one side and there were ants in the bathroom. It all had a really unclean aspect, and it definitely didn't feel "nice" to be there. We were actually planning to extend our sleeping bag over the bed, because we were really scared of lying over that.

But last, and what finally got us to leave, was the noise. Motels are not silent, but here... there was at least a couple really at it next door, making extremely loud noises. We started remembering the TripAdvisor review that mentioned that this hotel may be a place where people take hookers!

We have been for many days in a road trip, so we definitely are ready to compare this to other motels... and this was MUCH worse than any other motel we have ever seen. The first time on our life that we decide to forfeit our money and leave the place! Avoid this motel and, please, can somebody explain what's with all these other reviews?

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple