“A great Mexican restaurant to replace our old favorite”
Review of Los Compadres

Los Compadres
Ranked #46 of 1,177 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Our favorite Mexican restaurant has gone down hill with what was suppose to just be a name change. Los Compadres was recommended to us so we gave it a try. It is an upscale Mexican restaurant and a bit pricy but the food was of great quality,the service was outstanding, and the atmosphere was welcoming.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I heard great things about Los Compadres, but it wasn't until a b'ness associate asked me to meet him here that I had the pleasure. LC is located on Anaheim near Redondo in LBC. They offer authentic Mexican cuisine amongst a sea of posers.

I ordered the sopa de mariscos ($16.95 - fish, shrimp & octopus soup). The sopa was accompanied by homemade tortillas. My associate ordered the molcajete de camarones (shrimp served in a mortle & pestle vessel)..

My soup was excellent. The broth had a nice depth to it from the spices like saffron, paprika, tomatoes, chiles & garlic. I would put this soup against many places in East LA. In addition, there was a ton of seafood. I kept putting the seafood in the awesome tortillas, and I kept finding more. Lastly, the sopa was served with the traditional cilantro, onions & limes on the side: 5 Stars.

Likewise, my b'ness associate really liked his molcajete. There was a ton of shrimp and it also contained cactus, further adding to the authenticity of the dish. My friend has lived in Latin America like me, and he enjoys good Mexican food. This dish looked much better than that joke of a restaurant Mi Pueblo in Playa del Carmen: 5 Stars.

Regarding the ambiance, there is a bar to your left as you enter. I can imagine LC gets pretty lit on big sporting event nights. The remainder of the restaurant is tables of 4, with some seating for larger groups. The place is not that large, and neither is the parking lot: 4 Stars.

The service was stellar. Our waitress was super nice as were the remainder of the staff. Our food came out quickly, and additional requests like more tortillas, salsa & chips were handled with a smile 5 Stars.

Idk what took me so long to come to LC, but I can't wait to return! The food is excellent, and the menu is extensive. You could have a sopa one day, mole another day, and molcajete on the third day and you still haven't dented the menu. Muchisimas gracias (thank you very much) for a great meal.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The happy hour drinks were an excellent price and made with fresh fruit. We enjoyed the pineapple margaritas so much that we came back a second day. They were a little slow coming out but they were definitely worth the wait. They are made with fresh pineapple that kept getting stuck in my straw but it’s much better than syrups! The one on the rocks was much smaller than the frozen one which came in a large glass but both were very good. The happy hour food was also very good. We had a relatively large group that got loud and no one was ever rude or said anything to us service was excellent

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Friends all met up at Los Compadres for Happy hour. It was such a great time. The prices were inexpensive that we went a couple times. The food is amazing and so are the drinks. I highly recommend this place for Happy Hour and to grab some good Mexican food. The Margaritas were so good. I had the Pineapple, Mango, and also had the Strawberry Colada. I ordered the tacos there and were amazing. Next time i am out there i will be going back.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We had a great and filling dinner dinner here, recommended by the local Qualitly Inn, previously reviewed. The items were well presented and tasty. The service was friendly and well done.