“Still the Best”

Enrique's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 1,189 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Met an old friend at Enrique's for lunch. Enrique was in the kitchen working as hard as ever. There was the same wait staff and that was good to see. The two of us has the carne en su jugo. Awesome! Amazingly good flavors. Even the salsa is the best. They should can it and sell it to take home. Why would you go anywhere else for Mexican food?

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We ate there as a family. Was great the wait staff was on the ball drinks kept flowing, the food made the way I wanted my Carne Asada....perfect beans and the Caso was great....never had it with stretchy cheese on the east coast but was great. If in the area I recommend. We wait 25 mins kid friendly

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Enriques in Long beach off of pch for over 17 yrs. I have been married to my husband as long. I lived in Santa fe Springs .ca and traveled down the 605 to pch to eat here now I live in Seal Beach and at least visit Enriques at least 2xs a week! Best Food and great Waiters and cooks I love Enriques never dis satisfied.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I order three plates from this place and let me start with the Chili Verde the sauce was bland and it only had one piece of pork the rest was thick lumpy sauce. Next the asada plate the meat was so tuff my husband could not eat it. I also ordered tow soups ok the albondigas broth was good but not authentic and it had one meat ball and to many veggies in it the salsa taste like it was made from a can of tomato sauce I drove a ways to this place because of the review's but it was very bad I do not recommend this place for the prices the portions are small and it is not authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My gringo friend raised in Mexico recommended this place as authentic. The menu was different than most "mexican" restaurants, offering food not normally on the menu.

Our group had carne asada, chicken veracruz, carne en su jugo and some carne asada tacos. Everything was excellent including the fresh chips, salsa and service.

We went on a Saturday night around 7pm as a party of 6. THey had a small wait, told us 30 minutes but it was closer to 20.

Happy to go back and try a couple other dishes.

1  Thank rcaldin