“We went back”

La Carmencita
Ranked #1,608 of 10,794 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$70
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Description: La Carmencita is a Baja-style restaurant, serving hand-crafted cocktails, imported Mexican beers, dishes made with local organic fruits and vegetables, handmade blue corn tortillas, and ceviche using the freshest fish of the day- all wrapped in a festive, friendly vibe.
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Knowing we had such a great experience going back we were very hopeful. We were not disapointed.. We had the fish taco this time and a couple of Margaritas..We will go back again...lol

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Our family of six had lunch here this weekend. We ordered 4 different kinds of tacos and all were delicious. The chips and salsa provided were also really good. Be aware that tacos are ordered a la carte at about $6 each. The taco portions were fine (medium sized tacos) but at that price a side would be nice. The ambience and decor is nice despite the unassuming neighborhood.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very nice Mexican food surprise in the middle of Hollywood . Nice place to relax & eat . I really love the flavor of their dishes . Have you tried flan with cheese ?? Here is your opportunity !!! I loved the guacamole . I loved it the first time & the second time left more satisfied so I will be back .

Reviewed 19 June 2017

When we got here for lunch, I was ravenous! We got a bunch of tacos, they were all divine... Would say the pork and short rib tacos were the best tacos we ate on our trip... However the drinks were sub par... My mojito had almost no mint, strong, but gross... Tried the sangria to take the taste out of my mouth, and it didn’t have any fruit! Bad... was just gross red wine! Anyway the food was phenomenal, and service good too...

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The restaurant is described on the business car as an 'oracular kitchen'. The definition of oracular includes enigmatic, prophetic or unclear. All could apply in a good way.

This is a small place illuminated by an inviting bar at one end of the dining area. The atmosphere is diner-like but comfortable. Our waitperson was very familiar with food allergies, our table had a serious one with sesame, and knew what celiac was. The menu was clearly marked with gluten free options and the fryer only fried the corn tortillas. Try the guacamole appetizer and the fresh ceviche. Very tasty. The various taco plates were all delicious. I had the shrimp and veggie with cheese.

The food prices per plate were reasonable, think small plates, but it adds up quickly. We were shocked with a bill for 4 of us at $230. Three pitchers of margaritas was $118 of that bill and we each got one glass from a pitcher. That would mean a 4 oz tumbler filled with ice was $10 each. I'm very susceptible to alcohol and after three of these, I wasn't the least bit buzzed. Hmm.

It was an overall nice experience but not something I would often repeat for that kind of money.