All reviewsblank wallla freewaysfree breakfastfree parkingclean bednight standyogurthot breakfastlate checkoutwe've stayedqueen roomwill stay there againanother guestfirst morningeasy accessan updateguest rooms
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I selected this hotel because I was in town on business and it was close to where I needed to be. I didn't need anything fancy and because I was traveling with my son, I wanted breakfast available. This was so much more than I expected. WOW! Whoever owns this gem puts lots of love into it. This was nicer than some Marriott and Starwood hotels that I've stayed in. Crown molding in the rooms and it is more than obvious they went high end on everything. The mini-fridge was brand new and even had a freezer! The service was good but sadly couldn't get a late checkout.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th. floor.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

When I Google mapped the hotel i thinking about cancelling my reservation.. but i kept it and I was glad I did.. walking distance to do many little shops and less than a 5 minutes drive to the Westfield Topanga Mall..

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Allie B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Nek S,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of nights while we visited Universal Studios. The hotel is nice and there is stuff around - Starbucks, Wendy's, small convenience store, etc. service was good and check in was easy. It was pricey though, I paid $220 a night or so and i felt the service/amenities weren't at par with the cost. I don't mind paying, but I expect more if you are charging that.

Pros:
Can't think of any really.

Cons:
- Pillows were terrible
- AC turns on and off - it's very annoying for a light sleeper like me, I kept hearing it all night when it shut down and turn on again.
- The shower had low pressure and the bathtub thingy you pull to turn on the shower was sooo hard to pull up that I don't think it went all the way, perhaps that's why I didn't get better pressure? Who knows.
- Breakfast was included - it's a small area and well, you don't expect a feast but eggs were horrible (probably made with the powder thing) and sausage/bacon were terrible too. Fruit options are apple or bananas so you can't go wrong. And well, bread, cereal and more bread so if you like to have that as breakfast you are covered! Otherwise I suggest to eat somewhere else.
- In the eating area, the trash cans were overflowing so it was gross to see food and dirty plates where you were eating.

Ah! And best part was that 2 staff members were complaining about the work and the customers ... And they were doing so few feet away from our table. Sooo .. Yeah .. Maybe you should keep your comments to yourself, not to talk about while customers are sitting there.

Overall is was an ok stay, not impressed.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank TVDfan
Allie B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel, and please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you faced during your stay as that is not up to our standards. Please know we take all maintenance issues seriously, and the problems experienced with the AC unit, and shower have been addressed and resolved. Thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve our breakfast quality for our guests so your feedback is very important. I sincerely apologize for the staff’s poor behavior, and please understand we hold our staff to a high standard and this type of behavior is completely unacceptable. Management has shared your feedback with our team to ensure necessary changes are made. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you the true quality of our property and level of service.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

the Hotel is very average , no concierge service , rooms are fair in size and furniture, bathrooms are clean.

The Wifi is very good , breakfast is reasonable for quick start and the free parking is also an advantage in LA .

the front desk staff is very helpful and the neighbourhood is safe.

conclusion, if you need a place for only sleeping with basics , this hotel will serve the purpose.

Room Tip: try to book room at the third floor far from the elevator .
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mostafaes
Allie B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear Mostafaes,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and our hotel met your needs during your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Of course this is not a full service hotel with all the amenities. It was not designed to be that.

Its intent and purpose is to offer guests a convenient, affordable and comfortable hostelry and it delivers.

It is centrally located close to the Ventura Freeway (U.S. 101) and the West Valleys main roads, close to scores of eateries and three major shopping centers.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple